Do you usually skip ship's shows & entertainers in theater?

tbmrt

Any mention by Celebrity bringing back those late night comedy shows in Celebrity Central? Most of those I attended were really good.

Only problem is my wife not a fan of any kind of comedian, especially the one's that perform on cruise lines. So I end up attending by myself.

People state the poor quality of the shows is why they don't go. I am stating the fact that one should not expect Broadway quality when you don't pay broad way prices. A cost of a ticket literally can cost how much you spent per day on that cruise.

And no where did I say you have to attend. It's clearly not obligated. You misread my post. I am just saying you cannot expect the best when you paid like $5-10 per day when land shows can cost literally 30x what we are paying while cruising.

You are still making it about you get what you pay for. People are being realistic and don't expect the show to be at a broadway level and that is why many skip going. If the show or entertainer isn't appealing why waste your time attending? Doesn't matter how much you paid.

So in the end

YOU WIN

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

went to a show on our first cel. cruise. The CD came on , Sue Denning , I was cringing within 30 seconds. The entire show was amateur to say the least. The CD was like someone from Hi de Hi

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many love her and think she is the best.

I always expected to eventually she her with her arm in a sling from shoulder problems due to her self back patting.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Have never been to a show. Just not interested.

I usually try to avoid them and my wife usually tries to drag me to them. Every now and then they'll have a real professional perform. Twice we have seen a singer who played a lead in tbe LA production of Les Miserables. He was fantastic and a rare commodity. The production shows are usually bad, a bunch of untalented college kids screaming.

In any case I always insist on sitting on the aisle in tbe rear, ready to make a quick and unobtrusive escape

We have been sailing Celebrity since the 90's with 19 sailings with them. We have always attended and enjoyed the production shows until now. We just returned from Alaska on Solstice. The in house produced shows are just awful. We gave two of them a try and both were horrid!!! What a mistake they made. This last cruise was the most disappointing I gave ever had on a Celebrity ship for a variety of reasons, entertainment being just one of them.

It's a matter of personal preference. We like to eat early so we can catch the first show and then have rest of night to do other things. We've always liked all of the shows. Our past cruise we tried something new and sat in the front row. We got a totally different perspective and it was neat to see how well they do putting on these shows. Don't forget to take a stroll on deck at look up at the stars and moon. We got some fantastic pics of a full moon.

We normally go to the Captains Club evening event 5pm to 7pm then off to dinner. We do 3 to 5 cruises a year.. We like the singers and dancers. So if we do go to a show it would be on one of the nights. We seem to never go to the first night.