What Was the Most Thoughtful Act of Kindness by A Celebrity Crewmember?

johhnnyt

Last week on the Infinity, a crew member came outside and we asked him to take a picture of us in front of the Hubbard Glacier. We noticed On his name tag that he was the hotel director, Bosco. We chatted with him for a while and mentioned that we would be celebrating our anniversary that night. When we got back to the room that night there were rose petals on the bed with towels made into swans forming a heart. There was also a bottle of champagne, a beautiful flower arrangement, and some delicious chocolates. We will never never forget that anniversary and how special Bosco and our cabin attendant made it for us.

Mine is an iLounge story. Last May on the Equinox I had to put closure on a very important report prior to officially beginning my vacation. I spent the early afternoon of embarkation day taking care of all the finishing touches and before I knew it the announcement for muster came over the loudspeaker. That's when I realized I had no means to save the document to the desktop and the internet was shutting down until after muster so I couldn't send it to my cloud. I thought all of my work would be lost. I wish I could remember the name of the person working in the iLounge that day because he deserves recognition for saving my day. He ran to I don't know where to retrieve his laptop. Fiddled with my computer station for a bit, then was able to transfer my report to his laptop for safe keeping just as the system was shutting down. After muster, with a crowd of passengers trying to set up their accounts, he quickly transferred everything in reverse and then moved the doc to my email, allowing me to begin my vacation at the CC sail away. I was one happy cruiser that day!

There have been lots of thoughtful things done for us by so many crew members over the few years we've been cruising. One that stands out the most, because it was our first cruise I guess, was our first time eating in the buffet.

My husband is celiac. Celebrity is very good at accommodating celiacs, but this night there was nothing for him in the way of dessert. He was a bit sad to see all the lovely offerings that were filled with gluten, but nothing he could have. He asked someone behind the dessert buffet if there was anything gluten free besides jello. The young man said no, sorry.

We went off to find a seat and enjoy our dinner. 15 minutes later the young man came up to us with a tray of offerings - mousse and clafoutie and things like that. He must have ransacked the kitchen looking for them. He said "everyone who cruises should get to have dessert".

We were stunned. We gave him the couple of dollars we had on us. He tried to refuse but we told him how much we appreciated his thoughtfulness and going out of his way to search out these things. At the end of the cruise we gave him a larger tip with a thank you note, and he happened to be standing with his manager so we told him how amazing and wonderful this young man was.

Maybe it was a small thing, but for someone to show that much care and concern meant so much to us. We have found that this attitude carries across the line and all levels of staff. We adore the Celebrity crew.

Last week on the Infinity, a crew member came outside and we asked him to take a picture of us in front of the Hubbard Glacier. We noticed On his name tag that he was the hotel director, Bosco. We chatted with him for a while and mentioned that we would be celebrating our anniversary that night. When we got back to the room that night there were rose petals on the bed with towels made into swans forming a heart. There was also a bottle of champagne, a beautiful flower arrangement, and some delicious chocolates. We will never never forget that anniversary and how special Bosco and our cabin attendant made it for us.

Something that Bosco would do. He was GRM before becoming HD. A really fine person.

Bosco really is a one in a million person, I think of my top two HD onboard Celebrity

I contracted bronchitis on a cruise and self-quarantined myself for a couple days the end of a 14 day Caribbean cruise. We were in a sky suite. I was coughing my brains out, had not brought my hydrocodone cough syrup and what the ship had was more or less Robitussin which is like nothing on my cough. My stateroom attendant checked on me several times a day and brought me hot chicken soup and tea, and the butler made sure my meals were just what I wanted. They brought me some flowers. Of course my husband was taking care of me, but these kind gestures were so sweet.

When we were in Alaska a few years ago we left home with a hurricane in the Gulf. It was still far enough out that the "cone" was all over the place. About our 2nd day on the cruise it was apparent that it was coming straight up the middle of Louisiana. My daughter and son-in-law were in town and staying at the house, and we were given internet and phone calls to call and help them through some preps we wanted to be made. They were so nice. Our house was fine, it ended up only 75 miles an hour here which isn't too bad. But it was nerve-wracking being THERE when things were happening HERE and I appreciate the officers and captain's club staff telling us we could make as many calls as we wanted to ensure our home's safety.

Another vote for Bosco. I met him on Reflection during the Elite cocktail hour and had a wonderful conversation with him when he was GRM. On a subsequent cruise on Reflection I was watching the house band who had just joined the ship that day and Bosco was standing behind me. I struck up a conversation with him and was delighted to see he was HD. He took my room number and had a bottle of wine delivered which was totally unnecessary.

Over the years, we have found many wonderful personnel going above and beyond to make our cruises on Celebrity special. Some, however, stand out.

On our 1st Celebrity cruise in 1994 (Zenith) I dislocated my shoulder while on a beach in Cozumel, resulting in a trip to the emergency room. When I was ready to be released, the hospital contacted the ship's agent, who in turn contacted the ship. The agent came to the hospital and picked up me and my family (wife and young daughter) and delivered us to the dock where the ship had delayed its departure for us. Once back onboard, our room steward took it upon himself to bring extra pillows to prop me up and to deliver meals put together by our table steward.

3 years later, as we entered the Zenith dining room on our first evening, our table steward from that 1st cruise recognized us by name and quickly arranged for us to sit at one of his tables.

Skip ahead to 2013 and my DW and I are taking a 45 day journey from San Diego to Singapore on the Millennium. This journey consisted of 3 b2bs with us changing cabins between the 1st leg and the 2nd. Upon settling into our cabin that was assigned for our 2nd and 3rd legs, we discovered a problem with the cabin. Staff worked diligently to correct the issue, but without success, while the ship sailed from Honolulu to Tahiti (6 sea days). The hotel manager kept on top of the issue, but was unable to move us to a different cabin as the ship was sold out. However, at the end of our day ashore, the hotel manager greeted us and said that another cabin had become available (someone had departed the cruise in Tahiti) and that, if we wished, she would be happy to move us. We said yes--please! Imagine our surprise when we were lead to a suite and treated by everyone as if we had paid for that cabin during the next 11 days. Moreover, at the end of leg 2, still having been unable to fix the problem with the original cabin, the hotel manager located a wonderful aft cabin for our final leg.

This March, on my annual birthday cruise aboard the Eclipse, our cabin steward sent chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of wine to our cabin for no reason. Then, on my actual birthday, our steward sent these items again, together with a handmade birthday card. In addition, the CC hostess sent a bottle of champagne and a birthday cake, and the Captain sent 2 bottles of wine ( one red, one white ) with a birthday greeting.

Now, my wife has always been jealous of my Caribbean birthday cruises, as her birthday falls when, in the past, all of Celebrity's ships are located elsewhere. However, with the Equinox staying in the Caribbean, this summer she got a Caribbean birthday cruise. Upon meeting the CC hostess, she expressed her delight with this fact. Imagine our surprise when the CC hostess treated us to a birthday dinner celebration in Tuscan on the evening of my wife's birthday!

With all of the wonderful people who work for Celebrity and go above and beyond to make our cruises special, why would we sail on any other cruiseline?