Drink Packages - on cruises from Australia

Booked on Voyager in January and wondering if prices for drink packages on cruises out of Australia ever go down??

Since we booked, the price has stayed the same - $86.97 AUD ($67.75 USD) despite the Aussie dollar going up in value.

I've never paid this much for a drink package (but I've always cruised overseas, not from home).

We are also booked on an Allure sailing next year and the price for the drink packages on that have remained steady at $73.70 AUD ($58.27 USD).

Perhaps RCL sell plenty of drinks packages on the Aussie based cruises and keep the price the same all the way though? Just wondering, I wouldn't like to hold off and have them go up in price :confused::confused::confused:

During 2016 and early 2017 you could easily get the package around $67 AUD but for late 2017 and all 2018 cruises the price has gone through the roof! I managed to get Ovation for $70 including book but that's the best deal I've seen recently

I've been watching the prices daily for out April 2018 cruise but I am yet to see the price cheaper than stated. I am hoping that they will reduce the price closer to sailing or release the 10 alcoholic drink cards during the cruise.

Others have stated that the price depends on demand. The higher the current demand the less likely it is to go on "sale".

Let's hope the Australian dollar keeps rising against the green back and we can just pay cash on board and get a cheaper price.

Keep checking the USD price converted to AUD at current exchange rates compared with the online AUD price. You don't have to buy it online, there will be plenty of people willing to sell it to you onboard. Choose the option that works out best in AUD.

BTW it helps if you have a credit card that doesn't charge foreign transaction fees.

Watch for sales around US holidays. Next sale should start around the last week of August on things like shore excursions and beverages. In US you can cancel a purchase and buy again if prices go down (should apply for you, but not sure). Sale prices for Caribbean have been around $46 US plus gratuities lately.

Thanks for asking the question - we are booked for the 2019 transpacific cruise 23 day on Explorer from Sydney to Seattle. I know it will be about a year before I can book the beverage package. Drinks get expensive on that long of a cruise. It will be interesting on the pricing of the package. I hate going al-cart for the sodas and water add up, no to mention the drinks on sea days!

CT

Thanks for the responses. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep watching the prices!

Will post back here if I see them on sale, if anyone else watching could do the same it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the responses. I will keep my fingers crossed and keep watching the prices!

Will post back here if I see them on sale, if anyone else watching could do the same it would be greatly appreciated.

Also watch the Australian/New Zealand forum as well as your cruise roll call 😊

Thanks for asking the question - we are booked for the 2019 transpacific cruise 23 day on Explorer from Sydney to Seattle. I know it will be about a year before I can book the beverage package. Drinks get expensive on that long of a cruise. It will be interesting on the pricing of the package. I hate going al-cart for the sodas and water add up, no to mention the drinks on sea days!

CT

Hi fellow cruiser I'm also booked on this one Pete.

Also watch the Australian/New Zealand forum as well as your cruise roll call 😊

My sailing is in January and so far, I am the only member of the roll call :confused: But I will definitely keep an eye on the Aus/Nz forum. Thanks