MSC Divina 7/22, midway point review

wetwash

:D Have a great time! The drink vouchers are a good value for glasses of wine.

We did not do the prepaid wine package but it may be something to look into if you want to drink wine with meals!

Thanks for posting the photos of the wine lists, WW. They are certainly an eye-opener. I'm comparing them with the bar list from Meraviglia - very interesting to see the difference! I see that Aperol spritz and Limoncello aren't included in the Classic all-inclusive - they are in the Med! They're also pricier to buy, too, if you're not using a drinks package. I wonder if that has to do with US taxes on imported goods?

However, you seem to have a much wider choice of wines by the glass on the all-inclusive - a lot of them from California, so I suppose that explains it. Funnily enough, Woodbridge chardonnay is only available to purchase by the bottle. It's usually available by the glass and included in the premium package.

It's been some time since I was onboard an MSC ship when the currency onboard is in US$ (our 4 night Durban-Durban last November doesn't count as it was all South African based products) so I wouldn't be familiar with the drinks or food menus.

I'm finding it very interesting following your review and seeing the prices as I've booked a Caribbean cruise on Divina for 2019, so this is very helpful - much appreciated. :)

Thanks for posting the photos of the wine lists, WW. They are certainly an eye-opener. I'm comparing them with the bar list from Meraviglia - very interesting to see the difference! I see that Aperol spritz and Limoncello aren't included in the Classic all-inclusive - they are in the Med! They're also pricier to buy, too, if you're not using a drinks package. I wonder if that has to do with US taxes on imported goods?

However, you seem to have a much wider choice of wines by the glass on the all-inclusive - a lot of them from California, so I suppose that explains it. Funnily enough, Woodbridge chardonnay is only available to purchase by the bottle. It's usually available by the glass and included in the premium package.

It's been some time since I was onboard an MSC ship when the currency onboard is in US$ (our 4 night Durban-Durban last November doesn't count as it was all South African based products) so I wouldn't be familiar with the drinks or food menus.

I'm finding it very interesting following your review and seeing the prices as I've booked a Caribbean cruise on Divina for 2019, so this is very helpful - much appreciated. :)

Beamafer - prior to cruising I was reading these posts daily and I know you are active and full of good advice so thanks for all your posts. Glad I could help! I might pictures on a separate link later on to help those searching it out and I will write a few more observations later as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We board the Divina for the first time next Saturday, can't wait.

today's research will be determining if I want to upgrade to the pay restaurants for 1-2 nights. We have one night comped at the steakhouse when we booked cruise. I have some concern about the length of dinners in the MDR...I'm not looking to spend two hours eating a 3 course dinner. But I have no idea if the "premium" restaurants onboard have shorter service timeframes.

We board the Divina for the first time next Saturday, can't wait.

today's research will be determining if I want to upgrade to the pay restaurants for 1-2 nights. We have one night comped at the steakhouse when we booked cruise. I have some concern about the length of dinners in the MDR...I'm not looking to spend two hours eating a 3 course dinner. But I have no idea if the "premium" restaurants onboard have shorter service timeframes.

The most time we spent in the main dining room was an hour and a half. we had late seating at 8:30 PM but our girls usually didn't arrive until 8:45 PM and then we were out by 9:45 PM most nights. One hour. Sometimes it seemed like a long time between courses and/or for beverages or desert. etc. but it wasn't terrible and it was good quality family time [emoji12]

Most anything we wanted to do after dinner didn't start until 10 PM or later and we always made that without a problem!

fantastic news, wet wash.

we do have the late dinner time booked. whew.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

[emoji1303] Service was good but some days better than others. Try to make it on Italian night to the main dining room as The waiters put on a little show!