Promotions

chrisjen24

Looking at doing Montreal to Boston in May, on Veedham cruise ship. Will be coming from England so need to book early for flights, anybody any ideas if Holland and America do free drinks package or any kind of promotions, never cruised with them before.

HAL MIGHT soon offer the Explore4 package which has the Signature Beverage package and maybe free gratuities.

But you need to keep track of prices. Last year when HAL offered the Explore4 package, HAL jacked the prices of the cruises quite high -- to cover the cost of the drink package and gratuities.

You have to do your homework..

Many people then asked for the prices of the cruises they were interested in without the package and found that they were saving money by not taking the package.

And then there were those like us who got Prepaid Suite Gratuities ($27/day now $30/day), a $200 internet allowance, and the Bev Pkg for about 65-70% of the price of the Bev Pkg alone. Some got it free, or close to it.

Previous poster is correct - do your homework on prices. I wouldn't hesitate to book now to get your cabin of choice, as long as you're not on a non-refundable-deposit deal. You can always re-fare a "normal" booking with Explore 4 or other promo before final payment is made, if it's a better deal. Rumor has it we will see Explore 4 in the US market next week.

And then there were those like us who got Prepaid Suite Gratuities ($27/day now $30/day), a $200 internet allowance, and the Bev Pkg for about 65-70% of the price of the Bev Pkg alone. Some got it free, or close to it.

Previous poster is correct - do your homework on prices. I wouldn't hesitate to book now to get your cabin of choice, as long as you're not on a non-refundable-deposit deal. You can always re-fare a "normal" booking with Explore 4 or other promo before final payment is made, if it's a better deal. Rumor has it we will see Explore 4 in the US market next week.

I agree - If I find a rate/perks I can live with and a cabin I want, I book it early with a refundable deposit. If a better offer comes along (often does lately) I just call my HAL PCC and rebook it in a matter of minutes (also keep my cabin).

I agree - If I find a rate/perks I can live with and a cabin I want, I book it early with a refundable deposit. If a better offer comes along (often does lately) I just call my HAL PCC and rebook it in a matter of minutes (also keep my cabin).

The OP is from England so will not have that option. All our bookings are non-refundable.