Any Areas Of Interest Near Copenhagen Marriott Hotel

Keith1010

We will be visiting Copenhagen for the first time before we board our ship in Copenhagen and will be staying there for a couple of nights. I was wondering if we can walk to various places (eg., museums, etc.) from the Marriott Hotel in Copenhagen. What points of interest are near the hotel?

Thanks,

Keith

We walked everywhere from the Marriott last August. Tivoli Gardens, the City Square (where all of the city tour busses depart from), a couple of great restaurants, the canal where the canal tours start - all an easy walk from the Marriott. Their concierges have great maps and are most happy to draw you a "walking route". Plus, if it is raining (or threatening rain) - almost always we found - the Marriott provides complimentary umbrellas.

Mike

We will be visiting Copenhagen for the first time before we board our ship in Copenhagen and will be staying there for a couple of nights. I was wondering if we can walk to various places (eg., museums, etc.) from the Marriott Hotel in Copenhagen. What points of interest are near the hotel?

Copenhagen is pretty much a walking city. But there are plenty of busses and even the S-tog train service and a Metro to get you to other places outside the city. I stayed at the Marriott Last July and August and loved the hotel and service. I found it to be Excellent! The hotel sits on the channel and provides for a great view either facing the city or channel. Yes, it is walking distance to Tivoli, and accross the street from Tivoli, the Main central train station. Just a little further is town square (Radhuspladsen), and the Stroget, the world's longest pedestrian street which ends right near Nyhavn, a beautiful area with many outdoor cafes. If you're staying at the Marriott, you've made an excellent choice. Enjoy Wonderful Copenhagen.

swdke, thank you for the information. I'm glad to know that the Marriott is a great choice and that it is in walking distance of places such s the Tivoli.

Thanks again. As I mentioned, this will be our first time to Copenhagen and we are looking forward to seeing the major sights of this city.

Keith

swdke, thank you for the information. I'm glad to know that the Marriott is a great choice and that it is in walking distance of places such s the Tivoli.

Thanks again. As I mentioned, this will be our first time to Copenhagen and we are looking forward to seeing the major sights of this city.

Keith

Hi Keith,

You will love Copenhagen. I used to live there as an exchange student for a year, and I've returned back several times, including this past summer when I too went on a cruise. Last year I viewed this Cruise Critic Message board a lot and you will find a ton of information on all cities to help you out. Under this Baltic Port message board, there is a posting I titled "Wonderful Copenhagen." It's probably burried a little deeper by now, but try to look back and find it and you'll discover a lot of information about Copenhagen. Again, back to the Marriott, this was truly a wonderful hotel, and the service was excellent. Although it may not be in the center of the cities activity near the town hall, it is within walking distance. Plus, I think the location is great being along the canal, and it is walking distance to Tivoli, about 10-15 min depending on your pace. For me, if I were to ever need a hotel in Copenhagen, I would always stay at the Marriott. Even my Danish friends were impressed.

Again, look back on this Baltic board for the message titled, "Wonderful Copenhagen," you should find comprehensive information on Copenhagen and this area of Denmark. In fact, all the message board postings on the Baltic site during the past year pretty much covers everything you need to know about anything on all the Baltic ports.

Have fun,

Steve

I will also be staying in Copenhagen a couple days precruise. We are staying at the Palace Hotel. I understand it is right on the square at city center. How far is it from there to the canal boats, is it walking distance. We will be arriving in Copenhagen on August 30,2006 for our September 2nd sailing. Are there tours or buses to take you on the outlaying areas. Thank you everybody for your help.

Delores

Archived