Formal attire for men

fur_ever21

:cool::cool::cool:

That was 2015 - there was a couple in March 2017 who was given the tour and other stuff as it was their 50th anniversary - can do without flowers and hordouvers and bridge tour - we still get $75 based on cruise credits - We will have over $450 OBC for each leg next year. Life could not get better

That was 2015 - there was a couple in March 2017 who was given the tour and other stuff as it was their 50th anniversary - can do without flowers and hordouvers and bridge tour - we still get $75 based on cruise credits - We will have over $450 OBC for each leg next year. Life could not get better

Since this is off topic it should not be discussed in this thread BUT

the rules have changed as of June 1, so it's good that you didn't want them anyway.

And you should never disagree with your DW and always compliment her when she is at her best. Enjoy your cruises

Strange coming from you but I do every chance I get - we have had 48 wonderful years tgether and 50 cruised, 48 on Princess - next year we will have 50 Princess and 50 years.

50 Cruises? That's some serious cruising. Congrats on your upcoming "double" 50!

We will get that next year. We get the hourderves now but give them to Stewart unless they are the chocolate covered strawberries

They used to bridge tours for everyone - so there would be nothing new there - being an engineer I would love an engine room tour but nobody gets this.

Stewart? I've never met him. He has a HUGE family, though. We've met his numerous relatives.

My hubby has one suit which he bought for promotional interviews at work. It's a tan tweed' date=' and that's the one he brings on cruises, along with dress shirts and festive ties.[/quote']

A few extra shirts & ties & you now have numerous "suits".

I thought Chic night meant dress if you want or not?

Looks like there's some limitations.

Basically, it says "Chic night more dressy than casual less than formal. If you want to wear a tux by all means do so" yada yada. Basically thrown on a feather boa & you're good to go. Sorry, it's not quite that simple. Basically you just "jazz" it up a little. Pretty much your choice. I'll be honest that I never saw so many tuxes on Celebrity as that Jan. cruise. We just wore suits & called it a day. We do Tuxes only on Cunard.

Whoah Tony. Your response was very unkind. I am sorry I was unaware of the question being brought up so many times. Maybe you should stop following these comments so often. It might help with keeping your blood pressure in check.

Well, if you've read these dress code forums, you'd find out how nasty they can become. So far this one's not too bad. I've had the mods pull several due to some really wild stuff.

Hello fellow cruisers. We're setting sail on Ruby Princess out of Seattle on Aug 19th I was told that formal attire for men was a dark suit or tuxedo. My husband's suit is grey. Do you think that would be acceptable? Thank you in advance.

We are on the Ruby right now having left Seattle on Saturday. Last night (sea day) was the first formal night. We have TD in the Botticelli DR. I did not see a single tux being worn. I did see a few suits and the most men that I saw were wearing a pair of pants and dress shirt some with and some without a tie. I did see quite a few men with short sleeve dress shirts. I saw no one turned away while I was entering the MDR with the herd. One thing is that we signed up for the 6:00 pm dining but all early TD dinning is at 5:30 PM in both MDR. I did see several men with their families posing for pictures and they wore either a coat or at least a tie. The lines were not very long however.

Later after dinner I did not see many men wearing even dress shirts. Seems as though most changed after dinner back into their vacation mode.

After 20 years working in an office with strict dress codes (and the dry cleaning bills to go with it!) The Mrs and I were firmly in casual mode when we cruised.

Now after a number of years working from home, in shall we say very casual clothes, we'll be dressing up on formal nights on our next cruise.

But to be honest ... We are doing this for ourselves. We could care less what others choose.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Forums mobile app

Hello fellow cruisers. We're setting sail on Ruby Princess out of Seattle on Aug 19th I was told that formal attire for men was a dark suit or tuxedo. My husband's suit is grey. Do you think that would be acceptable? Thank you in advance.

As you now know, gray is fine. The 10-day SFO to Alaska cruise has two formal nights. On both formal nights I saw at least one male half of the couple in stone washed Levi jeans. I am a laid back kind of guy, but this one I don't get :halo:

Lol Ohhhh Tony lol

Would love to meet you :) maybe buy you a drink.

fur_ever21,

Thank you for the offer!! But Please let me buy you a drink. :whiskey-glass: If you looking for me on a Formal night. I will be one of the guys in a Tuxedo. :)

Thanks again,

Tony

Basically, it says "Chic night more dressy than casual less than formal. If you want to wear a tux by all means do so" yada yada. Basically thrown on a feather boa & you're good to go. Sorry, it's not quite that simple. Basically you just "jazz" it up a little. Pretty much your choice. I'll be honest that I never saw so many tuxes on Celebrity as that Jan. cruise. We just wore suits & called it a day. We do Tuxes only on Cunard.

That was the way we found Celebrity in past years when we lived up north- a little to stuffy for my taste.

We tried NCL and that didn't quit fit for us....

And then we found Princess which was just about right about 15 years ago (food, entertainment and even dress requirements) and it's been getting less dressy over the years which makes it even better. :cool:

That was the way we found Celebrity in past years when we lived up north- a little to stuffy for my taste.

We tried NCL and that didn't quit fit for us....

And then we found Princess which was just about right about 15 years ago (food, entertainment and even dress requirements) and it's been getting less dressy over the years which makes it even better. :cool:

Kind of like the 3 bears? "Just right"

Yep and now they've become our main cruise line since we get the max perks. Why change now.....except I do miss going to Bermuda & Princess doesn't want to dedicate one of their smaller ships for that route.

If you've not been on one of the solstice class ships, they are very nice. Close to Princess Royal class.