Read some bad reviews about this ship

philsr1939

Can you post a link so we can see what was written - otherwise it's hard to respond.

We spent a total of 35 nights onboard Sinfonia last year - 7 night East Med cruise in September, 24 night Grand Voyage to Durban in October, followed by a 4 night Durban-Durban November cruise. Overall, we loved it!

Disappointing: MSC Sinfonia Cruise Review by snow1947

We have a cruise scheduled for 8/19/17.The review came from this forum. Posted by snow1947. Is this ship that bad?

Can you post a link so we can see what was written - otherwise it's hard to respond.

We spent a total of 35 nights onboard Sinfonia last year - 7 night East Med cruise in September, 24 night Grand Voyage to Durban in October, followed by a 4 night Durban-Durban November cruise. Overall, we loved it!

Here we are Bea

a link to the very short review

https://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=584987

Pete

We have a cruise scheduled for 8/19/17.The review came from this forum. Posted by snow1947. Is this ship that bad?

I wouldn't put much stock in a review from someone whose only contact with the boards is the review. No forum posts, and apparently joined CC just to leave that review. There are a lot of reviews around from folks who have been around here, and whose credibility and judgement at least have some kind of track record. To me that read more like a hit piece than a review.

I would not rely on that review. I guess comments were subjective. Just have a positive outlook.

I've just read the review and I agree about the apple crumble - what I make at home is much better! :p

I respect that others may not enjoy the MSC experience or the food onboard - MSC is not for everybody. But there a couple of things that the reviewer seemed to be blaming MSC for which they should have known about beforehand. Did they not check the itinerary re the number of days at sea? The times in port aren't a secret - work it out for yourself!

Also, the flight times are out of MSC's control so the 7 hour wait in the airport has nothing to do with the cruise company. When we fly from Barcelona our flight isn't usually 'til 11.30PM or thereabouts - try that when you're out of your cabin at 7am that day. Is that MSC's fault? No! Do we know this beforehand? Yes. It's up to us to prepare for this - or not go at all!

There are many review like this about best of the best cruise lines or Hotels. When people complain about price of drinks or price of excursions I really think they never been on MSC, or they just stupid, because drinks are much cheaper then on other cruise lines and excursions is the same. Long wait in airport I will not even comment.