shower size

bappo

Many people have commented on the size of the showers in their staterooms. Leaving on the Sapphire on Sunday and was wondering just how small they really are? Do they have a shower curtain or shower door? Thanks.

bappo,

The showers have a curtain, and yes they are small. Picture a shower you would see in a large RV. That said, my DH is 6'7" and he didn't have any trouble.

But... as I've heard another poster mention, don't drop the soap! icon_wink.gif

Sharon

The showers on the Diamond were like this:

Picture yourself taking a shower in a coke bottle.

And yes, if you drop the soap, you would do better reaching out of the shower curtain and getting another bar rather than trying to pick it up.

Tropicale

Celebration (3)

Holiday (4)

Ectasy

Destiny

Voyager of The Seas

Paradise

Pride

Conquest

Diamond Princess

Till the Diamond Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=1400d3&cdt=2004;4;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

The showers are about 30 inches in diameter, with a bit nipped off and an ice cold bar in the middle of your back at every angle.

Lets just say it isn't couple friendly.

Life is at it's best when your address floats

Two MORE open Bookings.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

The balcony is much more "couple friendly" than the shower is.

Tropicale

Celebration (3)

Holiday (4)

Ectasy

Destiny

Voyager of The Seas

Paradise

Pride

Conquest

Diamond Princess

Till the Diamond Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=1400d3&cdt=2004;4;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

We were on the Pacific Princess (Tahitian's sister) last November, and I thought shower about average Princess size.

Nicest showers in the fleet are those in mini-suites, Sun and Dawn Princess, about twice the size of the average shower stall. As Metla above would put it "couple friendly".

Michael

The larger showers are generally in the suites and mini-suites, but on the older ships, such as the Royal and the Regal, the showers are tub-sized or close to it in all cabins.

Song of Norway & Song of America, 1986-88; Royal Princess 2/99; Sun Princess 1/00; Ocean Princess 12/00; Royal Princess 4/01; Grand Princess 12/23/01; Sea Princess 2/9/02; Explorer of the Seas 12/21/02; Coral Princess 8/9/03; Nordic Empress 12/27/03; Regal Princess (4/20/04)

-- Caribbean Princess (12/26/04) -- Roll Call

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0099FF&cdt=2004;12;26;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

-- Royal Princess (4/21/05) -- Roll Call

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0099FF&cdt=2005;04;21;12;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

We were in Italy two years ago and booked in three-star hotels. In the four cities we stayed in, three of the hotels had showers that sound like they were this size. You manage! I will be grateful for proper water pressure and temperature, and for careful cleaning by the cabin staff.

Now if the bed's too small... icon_eek.gif

Stella Solaris '80

Carnival Celebration '92

RCCL Majesty of the Seas '01

Coral Princess '04

The small showers are the reason we book mini-suites on Princess. As much as I hate that the balconies are totally exposed on Dolphin Deck mini-suites and the balconies (half covered, half exposed) are much larger on Caribe Deck, those mini-suite bathrooms are sooooooooo much nicer than the standard balcony cabins. A full size tub can't be beat, especially when you are shaving your legs in the shower!

BTW, I feel this way and I'm only 4'10"!!!

caribbeanqueen3@comcast.net

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by srphnx:

The showers are about 30 inches in diameter, with a bit nipped off and an ice cold bar in the middle of your back at every angle.

Lets just say it isn't couple friendly.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You Da Man!! icon_biggrin.gif

hopping-bunny.gif

escape.gif

Star Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2005;04;10;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I love this board , it always cheers me up. The size of showers on cruise ship and the lovely clingy shower curtains are a real hoot. My DH is also 6'7" and we laugh alot about trying to shower in thoes things. Might as well laugh, life is too short for a bad mood. Take care.

Cori

Mezzaluna,

Oh I remember those showers well. They are the same in Germany and Switzerland in certain types of pensions/B&Bs, etc.

Of those folks say the best way to soap up for a shower is to soap the walls, enter the shower and spin around several times. (Just kidding of course.) Could not do this on the Sapphire as about 40% of the shower was covered by curtains, not doors/walls.

I'd have to lose a lot of weight to go as that shower. icon_biggrin.gif

Life is at it's best when your address floats

Two MORE open Bookings.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01