Pride of America Balcony Sizes

mickeysgal

Starting some research into a Hawaii cruise. In the past we have stayed mostly in aft balconies on the NCL ships. Does the Pride of America have larger than normal balconies in the aft of the ship? What are the best cabins for larger than normal balcony size on this ship? Been doing some searching and can't seem to find anything that directly answers this question. Thanks.

Yes. We're in a family suite on the POA and those are corner wrap arounds that are significantly larger. Not sure of the other aft cabins, but I believe they are.

There are a lot of POA posts on the Hawaii board too, and somewhere there's a thread here about the newer suites.

Just got off the POA yesterday. We had a balcony and it was small, but quite do-able for us. As I stood out on the balcony and "peeked around the corner" I was able to see that there was one about double the size of ours about 2 doors down. But I have no idea what type of room it was. Perhaps NCL can help you (but hopefully some others will reply to this besides me).

We enjoyed having the balcony (just the two of us) but quite frankly for this cruise you will probably not be spending a lot of time in your room. There are no 'at sea' days and there is just too much to do and see on the islands.

Yes, according to the NCL site the aft facing balcony cabins (B1) are larger than the regular balcony cabins. There are also some "Large Balcony" cabins (B6, B7) that have similar large balconies. You could figure out exact location by going to a future cruise and trying to select a cabin in that class or looking at the detailed deck plans.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/pride-of-america/staterooms/balcony

Aft-Facing Large Balcony

The aft-facing balcony offers truly incredible views and a great way to feel the ocean breeze. They include two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed, a sitting area with a single sofa and floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open to a large private balcony.

• Accommodates: 3
  • Total Approx. Size: 227-233 sq. ft.
  • Balcony Size: 89-95 sq. ft.

Balcony

These balcony staterooms are located either forward or aft. They include two lower beds that convert into a queen-size bed, a sitting area and floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open to a private balcony with amazing views.

• Accommodates: 2-3
  • Total Approx. Size: 178 sq. ft.
  • Balcony Size: 40 sq. ft.

Starting some research into a Hawaii cruise. In the past we have stayed mostly in aft balconies on the NCL ships. Does the Pride of America have larger than normal balconies in the aft of the ship? What are the best cabins for larger than normal balcony size on this ship? Been doing some searching and can't seem to find anything that directly answers this question. Thanks.

We are booked for June 16 in cabin 11014. I found this review of the cabin with photos. https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=564457

PS....We were on the Baltic Cruise with you last year

Edited by kugamuga