Friends of Bill W - Attendance and Topic Question

roberooski

i am not in need of this group, but i think its wonderful that they do it and i have seen it on every single cruise, every single day, that i have taken with NCL. congrats to all of you who have found sobriety, i know its not easy.

On the Gem only 4 or 5 attended meetings at first, after Sandy extended our cruise about a dozen people showed up. Usually held in the chapel, I have been cruises where no one showed, others in the library were well attended, was difficult to convince some cruisers the library was scheduled for the meeting for an hour, was a members only deal. For many it is good because the cruise, especially with the drink package, is their only contact with many people drinking, especially in early sobriety.

i have been on at least 4 ncl cruises, and am a friend of bill w. for many years.. i found that ncl schedules the meeting at 5pm in the chapel (a little hard to find.) the fact that they are at 5pm is inconvenient for most members so there isnt usually many in attendance , if any. i always go the first and second day of the cruise , and the cruises i have been on there were never more than one or two members...and often none. i have been on other cruise lines that schedule the meetings at about 10am.. always the ones i have been at have a good attendance and usually increases during the week as different members come and see that there are others there.. on one cruises there wasabout 40 people at the meeting..

i have been on at least 4 ncl cruises, and am a friend of bill w. for many years.. i found that ncl schedules the meeting at 5pm in the chapel (a little hard to find.) the fact that they are at 5pm is inconvenient for most members so there isnt usually many in attendance , if any. i always go the first and second day of the cruise , and the cruises i have been on there were never more than one or two members...and often none. i have been on other cruise lines that schedule the meetings at about 10am.. always the ones i have been at have a good attendance and usually increases during the week as different members come and see that there are others there.. on one cruises there wasabout 40 people at the meeting..

Thanks for the great information! I really appreciate it!

R

i am not in need of this group, but i think its wonderful that they do it and i have seen it on every single cruise, every single day, that i have taken with NCL. congrats to all of you who have found sobriety, i know its not easy.

Thank you "fellow" Boston girl!!! :) Definitely not easy but absolutely worth it!

R

I would think the less people that go on a cruise that need to go to a meeting would actually be a good thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Alcoholics who have a desire to stop drinking ;p:eek:

Alcoholics that have stopped drinking and have a desire to say that way.

My Military career has put me in association with many alcoholics and recovering alcoholics. The meetings are very important and worthwhile. I am glad to hear that they are being held daily. I am not so glad that they are held at inconvenient times. can the attendees not adjust to meet their needs? That would be the thing to do.

No disrespect intended by any means, but I'm curious about the emojis and what your intent is.....[/quote

No intent other than expressing my opinion based on life experience. There will be plenty of people that should probably be attending the meetings imbibing on their UBP instead. I'm not pointing fingers here.

This will be my first time going to a Bill W. meeting. I usually attend local meetings near my home. With so much a availability of alcohol on a cruise, as an alcoholic, it can be very intimidating and tempting. Having meetings onboard is a wonderful thing and it gives me a sense of calm just knowing that they will be available. On our cruise we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on August 20th and my 1 year of sobriety on August 22nd. I look forward to celebrating with a huge Pina Coloda... virgin of course.

This will be my first time going to a Bill W. meeting. I usually attend local meetings near my home. With so much a availability of alcohol on a cruise, as an alcoholic, it can be very intimidating and tempting. Having meetings onboard is a wonderful thing and it gives me a sense of calm just knowing that they will be available. On our cruise we will be celebrating our 25th anniversary on August 20th and my 1 year of sobriety on August 22nd. I look forward to celebrating with a huge Pina Coloda... virgin of course. ��

First and MOST IMPORTANT, CONGRATULATIONS on both of your amazing anniversaries!! I'm celebrating my 26th anniversary next week! And best, 1 year of sobriety is AWESOME!!! So proud of you! I'll raise my glass of Diet Coke and celebrate with you!

Best,

R

First and MOST IMPORTANT, CONGRATULATIONS on both of your amazing anniversaries!! I'm celebrating my 26th anniversary next week! And best, 1 year of sobriety is AWESOME!!! So proud of you! I'll raise my glass of Diet Coke and celebrate with you!

Best,

R

Thank you Rob and a big Happy Anniversary to you too!!!