Soda Carry-On

Ohio Bucki

When we were on our recent Cruise leaving the Tampa Port we were told no loose cans. We had a 12 pack and the box was falling apart a little bit. We had to find some tape from someone to tape the pack up. These have to be carried on, they can't go in your luggage.

Can be individual cans, and can be at ports of call as well (per John heald unless there has been a recent change)
Carnival even says you can bring them on in ports of call in their FAQ's, so it's all good. :)

When we were on our recent Cruise leaving the Tampa Port we were told no loose cans. We had a 12 pack and the box was falling apart a little bit. We had to find some tape from someone to tape the pack up. These have to be carried on, they can't go in your luggage.

I think it depends on the port and even the terminal agents working at the time. I went through Port Everglades last year with a 12-pack in my carry-on and they never said a word. Many have experienced terminal agents completely tearing their cases open to make sure no beer was being smuggled in. Leaving the boxes so torn up they couldn't carry the cans anymore. People have had to find plastic bags to put the cans in and some even bring their own bags because of past experiences. Some have also said they bring their sodas on inside the allowed 12x12 soft-side cooler. So none of that fits in with the no loose cans.

I think it depends on the port and even the terminal agents working at the time. I went through Port Everglades last year with a 12-pack in my carry-on and they never said a word. Many have experienced terminal agents completely tearing their cases open to make sure no beer was being smuggled in. Leaving the boxes so torn up they couldn't carry the cans anymore. People have had to find plastic bags to put the cans in and some even bring their own bags because of past experiences. Some have also said they bring their sodas on inside the allowed 12x12 soft-side cooler. So none of that fits in with the no loose cans.

So true. We always bring extra grocery plastic bags just in case.

Is an 8 pack of mini cans acceptable? Every time I try to check carnivals website it says bad request.

On the Carnival site

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

On the Carnival site

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought onboard on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Thank you so much, that's what I was looking for!!

Is an 8 pack of mini cans acceptable? Every time I try to check carnivals website it says bad request.
Yes, the size LIMIT is 12 oz, does not mean ONLY 12 oz.