Escape Dining Question - O' Sheehan's Prime rib?

Marlin girl

We just got off the Escape on Saturday. Prime Rib was served at least twice at O'Sheehans. On the last day (Friday-Nassau) we had a prime rib appetizer before we packed and ate to a late dinner. My cut of medium-rare was done perfectly. This was one of the best meals of the week. To my surprise, I thought it was much better than the porterhouse at Cagney's earlier in the week.

Was it mentioned in the Free Style Daily the night before? How did you learn of them having Prime Rib in O'Sheehans? Were there a lot of diners there for that? I hope the Pearl has a night or two of that!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

Was it mentioned in the Free Style Daily the night before? How did you learn of them having Prime Rib in O'Sheehans? Were there a lot of diners there for that? I hope the Pearl has a night or two of that!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

We found out about the prime rib from the ship wide announcements by the cruise director. Although it was a port day, the prime rib was mentioned at least a couple of times that we heard (before and after we went to port). I don't remember it in the Free Style Daily, but I didn't look too close at it either. At 5:30 PM (time when the prime rib was first available) the restaurant it was basically 75% empty. When we sat down we just said we wanted the prime rib and a round of drinks and within 10 minutes we were eating. At this time about half the ship was at Nassau in port as all aboard was at least an hour away. When we finished the place was still very empty.

When we got back from Tortola it was a different story, O'Sheehans was a 45 minute wait as a flood of people came back to the ship at 2 PM with the early all aboard time. I'm not sure if this was a function of the last day of a cruise, or the all aboard time, or both. No special that day though.