Food for thought about thread responses

LOL Back in the early 90's, the singer Prince literally changed his name to this symbol...

Love_symbol_2.jpg

No one knew how to address him, so everyone began calling him "the artist formerly known as Prince." He died last year, that's why I said he wasn't using it anymore. ;p I don't mean any disrespect to him by that. Just having fun. I like several of his songs.

That is very pretty. Maybe a little complicated for the alphabet but if you agree to the concept, I'm fine with whatever symbol you choose.

I've heard of Prince and didn't take your comment to be disrespectful.

Matter of fact this thread has survived quote a long time without one disrespectful post from anyone. There's some food for thought!

Cheers!

No apology necessary. I'm not sure yet what the point of this thread is or how any of us would know whether it is on or off track..

Whew ... I thought I was the only one :D

PS ... RST are VERY GOOD friends of mine - we often sail together ... having met at a large table for 8 in the MDR - and I totally resent anybody putting them down !!!!!! ROFL;p

Whew ... I thought I was the only one :D

PS ... RST are VERY GOOD friends of mine - we often sail together ... having met at a large table for 8 in the MDR - and I totally resent anybody putting them down !!!!!! ROFL;p

PS indeed. There you go, cavalierly tossing the S around. Doesn't seem so precious to you at all!

Question....I get the fact that Carnivals rules may or may not be enforced. This idea of "open for interpretation", how does that work? [emoji848]....For instance, the Serenity Deck. It's 21+....that's black and white, not grey. Interpreting that rule isn't hard. Now if you choose not to follow it is another thing. 21+ isn't hard to interpret

You are so funny. The boards are full of complaints about rules not being followed which is evidence that Carnival rarely police the rules they have set. I believe that indicates lots of grey. Maybe some like to rail at windmills? IDK. I do know that it s an extremely small percentage of Carnival cruisers that post to these boards and it seems to me that someone who desires for others to follow rules would not want to make anyone feel stupid for asking or do anything to deter them from participating, yet that is what I've observed. I'm sure that will make someone want to follow the rules. [emoji57]

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

You are so funny. The boards are full of complaints about rules not being followed which is evidence that Carnival rarely police the rules they have set. I believe that indicates lots of grey. Maybe some like to rail at windmills? IDK. I do know that it s an extremely small percentage of Carnival cruisers that post to these boards and it seems to me that someone who desires for others to follow rules would not want to make anyone feel stupid for asking or do anything to deter them from participating, yet that is what I've observed. I'm sure that will make someone want to follow the rules. [emoji57]

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

I agreed with you that Carnival can be hit or miss in enforcing the rules. Where we seem to disagree is where you seem to believe that the rules are open for interpretation. 21 is 21. It's not 17 and really mature. I nor you should have to make someone else want to follow rules. If you are intelligent enough to understand the rules, you should follow them. That goes for the convenient and inconvenient rules.

Is xyz worth it?

What is your experience with xyz?

Yes, xyz is worth it! My experience with xyz has been fantastic. They have been the best last 3 letters of the alphabet since I've known them. AND they aren't as nearly snooty as rst! Please, don't get me started on them! ;p

I'll vote for xyz too without question but please let the ship give you z and not smuggle z in your luggage . there is no need to smuggle z when its already on the ship. No one in their right mind would smuggle x and y.

I agreed with you that Carnival can be hit or miss in enforcing the rules. Where we seem to disagree is where you seem to believe that the rules are open for interpretation. 21 is 21. It's not 17 and really mature. I nor you should have to make someone else want to follow rules. If you are intelligent enough to understand the rules, you should follow them. That goes for the convenient and inconvenient rules.

I guess I'm going to blow your mind, but there aren't any Carnival rules, only policy. Totally different meanings!

There are rules in art, yet those who break the rules are frequently labeled genius. Anyway, rules are made to be broken and it's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

NCL Sunward 1974

NCL Starward 1978

Costa Daphne 1982

Carnival Triumph 2001

Carnival Conquests 2005

Carnival Magic 2014

I'll vote for xyz too without question but please let the ship give you z and not smuggle z in your luggage . there is no need to smuggle z when its already on the ship. No one in their right mind would smuggle x and y.

Literally ... LOL .... :'):')

My only issue is the picture....if you put ketchup on a hot dog, you need to be banned from ever being allowed to eat a hot dog again....that is just so wrong!!!! [emoji36]

OK ... going off topic a bit .... (really? Is there a topic here? Oh well), my brother and I when we were kids, during summer, would leave the house about 8am and had to come home for lunch and at least let our mom know we were alive. So we would RUN into the house (because it was a HUGE inconvenience to come ALL the way home!) and YELL "Mom, we're home!" Then we'd put ketchup or mustard between 2 pieces of bread and YELL "Mom, we've had lunch!, BYE!" and OUT the door we'd go, sandwiches in hand and not come back until dinner time. In & out in all of 2 minutes.

So what's the take on condiments on bread? Yay or nay? Granted, not very nutritious, but PLAY was WAY more important!