Beach that's NOT Paradise beach (and good for snorkeling?)

k_y30

Hey all! We have a cruise booked in october and we originally planned of going to one of the beaches in Jamaica but depending on how safe or not we feel we may skip it and go to one of the better beaches in cozumel !

I've been to paradise beach but I do NOT like the huge rocks right in the water along the beach line! Other than that it's not bad but we want to do some snorkeling!

So, what is a good beach that has some snorkeling stuff to look at? It doesnt have to be anything fantastic, just maybe a thing or two to check out. Also, what beaches are NOT all inclusive? We dont need to spend the extra money to have all the food and drink because we will be stuffing outselves for days on the ship and will only need something pay as you go.

So yeah, im basically just looking for something a little nicer than paradise! Any info would be great! Thanks!

No sandy beach will offer much snorkeling - the waves and sand cloud the water and without rocks/reefs there is no where for the little fish to thrive.

Money Bar offers good snorkeling from the shore and no admission fee, plus great facilities and good food/drinks/service. No real beach - you enter the water via steps - but there is a sandy area and lots of loungers for sunning & relaxing. taxi each way will be about $11

You could try to non-AI side of Mr. Sanchos or taxi farther (about $25 each way) to Playa Palancar.

Check out the reviews here and on Trip Advisor to see which one meets your needs. Good luck! :cool:

Playa Corona, Playa Uvas, Money Bar, and Chankanaab Park all have decent shore snorkeling. Lots of fish and the coral is coming back. All of these clubs are in the same area with lots of ironshore. To get anything better you need to book a boat snorkel.

We saw a monster Grouper at Playa Uvas and a Morey Eel at the Dzul Ha which is now called the Money Bar. We have made a dozen trips to Cozumel and snorkel every chance that we get. Chankanaab is the only place that we have been to multiple times.

• 2 weeks later...

I second the Money Bar. They just ask that you purchase something at the bar (drinks or a sandwich) but it's not mandatory. It is a bit of a challenge to get in and out if the water is choppy but that was the only downside we saw (they have stairs going down into the water). And that was only because I was trying to take off my fins and not slip and fall.

Have a great time!

Edited by 1lizette1
spelling