Military benefits

Booked 14 day cruise on the Aurora today.

First time I have booked for military benefits, guess what the credits have changed from August 1st. Had I booked yesterday I would've had £150 spends today it is £100.

The amounts depend on the type of cabin as well as the length of cruise. But hey it's all extra lolly to spend.

At least I am now aware of the credits, as I knew nothing of them until reading the forums on Cruise critic.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm thinking this might signal the change to the loyalty club as well then and you might be going to get varying points depending on type of cabin?

I was told that is how it was going to work - but that was months ago and still no announcement.

I think maybe there may be other possible benefits with the introduction of the mini bar and room service charges but only time will tell, it's already a year later than was initially indicated and despite them saying this will happen "soon" well when that will be is anyone's guess.

When I read about these changes a couple of days ago I did wonder whether there would be multiple changes on 1st Aug - maybe they are staggering the bad news.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was told that is how it was going to work - but that was months ago and still no announcement.

I think maybe there may be other possible benefits with the introduction of the mini bar and room service charges but only time will tell, it's already a year later than was initially indicated and despite them saying this will happen "soon" well when that will be is anyone's guess.

When I read about these changes a couple of days ago I did wonder whether there would be multiple changes on 1st Aug - maybe they are staggering the bad news.

November is favourite now.

Now as to the year?

:). :). :).

The only caveat I can see is:

** Not combinable with Early Savers, Savers, Onboard Bookings or Thank you for cruising offers or Partnership benefits.

Yes agreed shareholder OBC is separate from all other. The others are all promotions booking on board etc.

Sorry my mistake I just assumed partnership benefit was the shareholder benefit. What is partnership benefit then?

It may be benefit that P&O gives to its TA 'partners'

November is favourite now.

Now as to the year?

:). :). :).

Dai, please tell me you made November up, my cruise is October, they are bound to increase suite benefits the day I get back #Sod'sLaw [emoji849]

Dai, please tell me you made November up, my cruise is October, they are bound to increase suite benefits the day I get back #Sod'sLaw [emoji849]

I am aghast, me make things up. The very thought. :)

Unfortunately no, the information comes from a source. Now I am not sure if implementation is in November or just the announcement.

I am aghast, me make things up. The very thought. :)

Unfortunately no, the information comes from a source. Now I am not sure if implementation is in November or just the announcement.

Ok thx, it's probably Jan 1st.

Booked 14 day cruise on the Aurora today.

First time I have booked for military benefits, guess what the credits have changed from August 1st. Had I booked yesterday I would've had £150 spends today it is £100.

The amounts depend on the type of cabin as well as the length of cruise. But hey it's all extra lolly to spend.

At least I am now aware of the credits, as I knew nothing of them until reading the forums on Cruise critic. To poster 11507, did you and cabin mate get 75 quid each?

150 quid for 14 days? Strange, I booked Adonia months ago for next year, 16 and 18 day cruise - D812/D813 (B2B) and got 75 quid military obc for each - balcony cabin. I read elsewhere the 75 quid for balcony cabins - 14 to 22 days has gone down from 75 to 65 quid from 1 August, sounds a bit petty. :halo:

The obc was applied by P&O Australia as we cannot book direct with P&O UK.

Edited by NSWP

I contacted P&O about the military obc and they told me you can have either the military obc of £65 or back from cruise promotion of £50 for both of us (so £130 or £100), as I had booked both Aurora and Azura for future cruises and both had the £50 promotion already allocated I asked to use to the military obc then....they told me it was too late, I had to do it when making the booking.

c'est la vie;):)

Your information is not correct. Shareholder benefits are separate and remain the same as before 1st August

Yes we know if you look a lot further up the page not far under the post you quoted you will see I already apologised for posting that.

Sorry it won't let me double quote or I would have quoted it as well.