Harmony of the seas ocean view staterooms

orla56

Hi I'm thinking of booking an oceanview cabin on Symphony of the seas but can't decide between the ones right at the front,the high decks at the side or deck 3.

Could anyone give me some help with the pros or cons of these cabins on Harmony as they should be the same on Symphony.

Are the windows all large.

Thanks for your help.

We were able to hang swimsuits from the curtain rail to dry in the sun, very handy! It is a bit of a walk to everything but I didn't find it excessive. We ended up going down to Central Park on 8 when we needed to get to the back of the ship (for dining etc) rather than walking down the cabin hallways.

We went on Harmony last year, two couples with two OV guarantee staterooms.

DH and I were assigned one of the forward-facing ones at the very front on deck 7 whereas SIL and BIL were assigned a side one on deck 3.

So to compare:

Deck 7 stateroom seemed much more spacious (don't know if it actually is, or just the layout made it seem that way). Lots of light because of the huge window. Plenty of closet space for hanging garments. A looooong way from everything (but helps work off the extra calories consumed :D). Some loss of privacy at times because there is no net curtain on the window so on the few occasions when there was someone on the helipad (this is only by invitation or crew members on this class of ship) we had to keep the blackouts closed. The view is a bit limited because the stateroom is on the same level as the helipad, but still better, in my opinion, than the view from the side OV staterooms on deck 3.

Deck 3 stateroom seemed much smaller and SIL originally did not want to stay there because the closet space was very limited (about half of ours on deck 7). This could be an issue if you tend to overpack. However, once she realised how close she was to everything, she changed her mind and made do. In the end she said she preferred her stateroom to ours, mainly because of the convenient location.

On an end note, if I were booking a forward-facing cabin out of choice as opposed to a guarantee assignment, I woud choose one on a higher floor, maybe deck 8 or 9, for the added privacy and the better view. Although, as a caveat, since I haven't actually seen inside them, it's possible that they are not as spacious as the ones on deck 7 because of the shape of the ship.

One final warning, if you choose forward-facing watch out for that slope on the window. It is very easy for someone taller to bang their head on it.

Hope this helps. I am sure you will have a great cruise whichever you pick. :)

Thanks for your reply FionaMG It was very informative.

We have stayed in a deck three cabin and didn't think much of the view but as you said it was near everything on Independence of the seas.

I also found it to be a bit noisy as I think we were near were the anchor and fuel line was.

I agree I thought the forward cabins would seem along way to everything.