does RC ever offer a drink promo similar to Celebrity or NCL?

Looking at a Cruise in Jan 2019. Fare is pretty awesome, but only has a small OBC.

Drink package would add another $350ish to the cost. At first I was thinking of booking this, but once you factor in the drink package, it might be better to cruise with a diff line. But if RC has promo's every once in a while where they offer the package, I might wait.

Thanks,

M

There are discounts from time to time on drink packages. However, if you are looking for cruise fares that include the drink package, those usually only occur with UK bookings.

There are discounts from time to time on drink packages. However, if you are looking for cruise fares that include the drink package, those usually only occur with UK bookings.

Bob just to clarify your post. I think your meant with UK bookings of RCI cruises.

I see the other lines making those offers all of the time. If they would just add a flowrider, I would be all in.

JC

Bob just to clarify your post. I think your meant with UK bookings of RCI cruises.

I see the other lines making those offers all of the time. If they would just add a flowrider, I would be all in.

JC

Yes, that's what I meant, thanks.:)

Kevin York do you think they will do the all Inc drinks package as it's only the deluxe drinks package now and you used to get just the select on these promos.

Nothing is ever free as when we booked for our transatlantic cruise for this April we paid a lot more than my SIL who didn't get the free drinks package.

We've had free drinks packages on our last three Royal cruises booked in the UK. Currently they are not offering it but past trends suggests it will be back in Sep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They seem to be slow offering this year from UK. Looked back at emails from last year prior to booking our Oasis cruise and the are dates when available last year it hasn't been

Suspect due to value of pound. Will be looking out for promos on drink packages as I think I can't cope without in Caribbean :D

NCL used to be free. Now they add a surcharge if you pick the drink package. Celebrity seems to always have the "free" drink package but their prices are higher too!

On several occasions, I have found that if I book with a TA, Celebrity actually costs less than a comparable cruise on RC after considering the value of the perks included with the Celebrity booking. I recently priced a 5-night cruise on a Celebrity M-Class ship (infinity) in Concierge Class in November, 2018 at $1,589 (total for two including taxes and fees) including a Classic drink package, prepaid gratuities, and $150 onboard credit. Those perks would cost about $800 if purchased separately. By comparison, I priced a 5-night cruise on a RCCL Radiance Class ship (Brilliance) in the same month at $1,476 in a cat. 6D (then, currently Cat. E2) balcony stateroom but the only perk usually included was prepaid gratuities. Therefore, the total cost of that room with a drink package and a $150 OBC would be around $2,200. The RC cruise costed around $600 more (bottom line, assuming the OBC gets spent), even though (IMHO) a Celebrity Concierge Class room is more desirable than an RC 6D/E2.

Kevin York do you think they will do the all Inc drinks package as it's only the deluxe drinks package now and you used to get just the select on these promos.

Nothing is ever free as when we booked for our transatlantic cruise for this April we paid a lot more than my SIL who didn't get the free drinks package.

We booked in Jan for this Sep and the Deluxe package was included as a promo. When the Promo ended the price didn't drop and has remained the same or higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've had 3 with Royal that included drinks but also not found anything for months where they include it. I didn't mind paying the up barge to the all inclusive drinks but the cost of paying the full amount makes other lines a better value. We too will keep watching. Want something next September

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've had 3 with Royal that included drinks but also not found anything for months where they include it. I didn't mind paying the up barge to the all inclusive drinks but the cost of paying the full amount makes other lines a better value. We too will keep watching. Want something next September

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes it's been a while since they offered that promo. The next promo changes early Sep so hopefully it will be reintroduced. Interestingly the Deluxe Drinks package is currently offered for UK bookers on Oasis if they take the Virgin Atlantic flights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Currently Germany has a booze-sale !:wine-glass::tropical-drink::beer-mug::bottle-pop::champagne-toast::whiskey-glass:

They seem to be slow offering this year from UK. Looked back at emails from last year prior to booking our Oasis cruise and the are dates when available last year it hasn't been

Suspect due to value of pound. Will be looking out for promos on drink packages as I think I can't cope without in Caribbean :D

Yes and prices are still stubbornly high.£6000 ($9000) for four in the Med next year.