Zip wiring in the caribbean

pdw26

Hi, we are going to the Caribbean in Dec on Azura. Looking at the shore excursions we thought we might like to go zip wiring. There are options in Antigua, St Kitts and St Lucia. Has anyone done any of these and could recommend one above another? Not been to Antigua before so would probably like to do more of an island explore thing here. Been to St K and St L before, so either of these would be good. Or would you say there are so many other great things to do why do you want to go zip wiring?

Thanks

I would make sure that your travel insurance covers you before you partake in any hazardous activity we have all seen on TV of people getting hurt and their insurance not covering them for the medical treatment if things unfortunately go wrong.

Youtube searches for zipline and each location and see if you can get some insight on which looks the best. Most Caribbean "Treetop Adventure" type things involve a full climbing harness and zipping from one platform to the next being various run lengths and speeds. I have done ziplines in UK at Go Ape Thetford mainly to get down after climbing up into tree tops and going across dodgy rope bridges. I thought the zip lining down seemed the least hazardous element, even when you balanced on a skate board on a second, lower line, but you need to appreciate if you have gained a lot of speed where are you are aiming for is important. Insurance overseas, in Caribbean including the USA is the region you need and seek definition of dangerous sport/activity according to your insurer.

Regards John

St Lucia!!!

St Lucia!!!

St Lucia!!!

I wrote it in another thread this morning, but I'll say it again - the zip line in St Lucia is gorgeous, beyond belief; right over a rainforest! I can't say anything for the other two but unless you see anything else you'd rather to in St Lucia, I'd wholeheartedly recommend the zip line.

(Have I made it clear that I love the zip line there?)

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the Zip-lining in St Kits this year - probably our favourite excursion.

You get taken up to the top of a mountain (large hill) and then gradually zip-line back to the starting place.

Half day excursion gave us time to do a bit of shopping when we got back.

Some of the excursions give you several short runs with breaks in the forest canopy to look round. At Haiti the zip is frankly ridiculous and looks a bit scary. There is a breakdown on this run for one guy!

https:

Regards John

Edited by john watson