How private is a wrap around aft balcony?

scomar

We will be on the Valor in our first aft cabin (6483) which has a wrap around balcony. How private in this type of balcony? Sometimes my wife and I at late night like to play;) on the balcony. Is there much of a overhang or can other look down on to it? Please don't kick me in the aft for asking the question:D

We will be on the Valor in our first aft cabin (6483) which has a wrap around balcony. How private in this type of balcony? Sometimes my wife and I at late night like to play;) on the balcony. Is there much of a overhang or can other look down on to it? Please don't kick me in the aft for asking the question:D

Play away and wave to the camera as big brother is always watching lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Debster11 stole my answer:) I have not been on that ship, and have only had one aft balcony. However, there was a security camera in close proximity that I believe had a full view of our balcony. That put a damper on certain bucket list activities.

I just couldn't get the thought of a security officer watching his monitor, sitting on a bean bag chair eating a sack of Cheetos. (Homage to Ron White:)

We had a wrap on the Triumph and it was not private at all. We were on deck 8 so only had the Lido above us but could easily look down into all the balconies below us, and could hear all the noises. So if you never talk to the cruisers below you than they won't recognize you at breakfast in the morning! ;)

The back part of the aft, others can look over and see but the side part of the aft is more private. Have had aft wraps twice now. Great to host sail away parties or entertain cabin crawls on them. LOL that the kind of play you talking about?;)

Valor is a Conquest class ship which means the aft of the ship slopes. That means that people on the decks above you can look down and see you on your balcony. There is a slight overhang on the balconies which blocks a little bit of the view from above. I'd say about a third of the balcony has overhang.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carnival+valor+aft+photo&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_v4Xri77VAhUkxYMKHa9_BmkQsAQIJQ&biw=1366&bih=600#imgrc=LoZX27H8napUCM:&spf=1501867432153

Ever heard the expression "Where there's a will, there's a way"? Pack 4 - 6 Boca clips (or similar) in your suitcase. When you're at your cabin, take a blanket or sheet from your bed and clip it to the chairs on your balcony, creating an impromptu tent. Ta-daa! Instant privacy from prying eyes. Do try to keep vocalizations down to a whisper. Have fun! clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

Valor is a Conquest class ship which means the aft of the ship slopes. That means that people on the decks above you can look down and see you on your balcony. There is a slight overhang on the balconies which blocks a little bit of the view from above. I'd say about a third of the balcony has overhang.

https://www.google.com/search?q=carnival+valor+aft+photo&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi_v4Xri77VAhUkxYMKHa9_BmkQsAQIJQ&biw=1366&bih=600#imgrc=LoZX27H8napUCM:&spf=1501867432153

What about spirit class (Legend)? We'll be in an aft balcony right below lido.

Play all you want in your bed room and don't make a lot of noise.

I've only had a few balconies and I have one coming up on The Triumph (not an aft nor a wraparound), but I always chicken out. Something I'm going to regret, or at least my husband will. I need to regain some of my youthful carefreeness. I think I just made a word up!