Port Canaveral to MCO airport transportation

OldSaltyCruiser

I just booked a repositioning cruise on the Breeze sailing in Sept 2018 from Galveston, TX to Port Canaveral. It's a long way off but I would appreciate some suggestions on your preferred method of getting to the Orlando airport from Port Canaveral. I have never sailed in or out of this port.

Thanks!

I always rent a one way car from Budget.

The Budget van picks you up at the pier, transports you to their local office. You complete the paperwork and off you go to the airport.

It's a really easy drive, back to the airport. Up to 75 miles included and takes about 45 minutes.

The Carnival transfer is easy too, but more expensive. You have to wait at the pier until the bus is full, then wait at the airport until all the luggage is unloaded to the sidewalk before they let you off the ship to practically force you to pay a tip. It's pretty hard sell.

We've used Cocoa Beach shuttle for 10 years now. You may have to wait 10-20 minutes for them to get to pick you up, and it's shared with others, but they were always polite and good drivers. I'm not a fan of renting a car, it's just one more thing to deal with. When I land, I just want to be on my vacation.

I was wondering about using a Uber or Lyft, any one ever use these?

It is about 50+ miles from PC to MCO - UberX will run close to $70. :o

I would not bother with a one-way rental unless my flight departed after about 1:30-2:00 -- it is not worth the time/hassle to pick-up the car, drive for an hour, find a place to fill up (lots of rip off stations near MCO :mad:) etc.

For most trips a shared shuttle from PC to MCO is the preferred solution.

• 1 month later...