kids sail free promotion

I didn't see where it is non-refundable. I have looked at cabins on our upcoming cruise on Adventure because my son and his wife and daughter are considering going. The "kids sail free" rate is applied to both refundable and non-refundable rates.

If you look at the total it's always the same no matter what "promo" nonsense they like to call it. It's all a lure to get people to price cruises. There's no savings. I can't believe they get away with some of these ad campaigns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look at the total it's always the same no matter what "promo" nonsense they like to call it. It's all a lure to get people to price cruises. There's no savings. I can't believe they get away with some of these ad campaigns.

Absolutely false. My wife and I have booked a few cruises using the Kids Sail Free promo and it truly is a savings... Unlike most of their promos. Every cruise we booked using this promo has been the absolute lowest price we ever saw with those sailings... My wife watches our cruise prices like a hawk.

Could not disagree more! If you are able to find a family stateroom kids sail free is absolutely a steal! We have two Oasis cruises booked using it. One in October and one in May. The last week with kids out of school first week. The deals are out there just have to be patient and be creative

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not true! I priced this cruise a couple of weeks ago for two adults and one "kid" in the room. The 3rd person rate was about $650. That $650 has now been removed and the three of them are paying the price that two adults would pay.

Based on personal experience........... next months promotion will be approx. same price as this months, regardless of kids sailing or not.

KSF = same price as any other promotion using same passengers

KSF is WAY cheaper than any other promotion currently running right now. It is a TRUE KSF (as opposed to them just inflating the price like they normally do). You can still switch sailings, but there is a $100 pp change penalty.

Royals KIDS SAIL FREE is the only actual deal I have seen in years - and I have tracked them all. Couple it with the non-refundable for added savings and an OBC, plus the GAP OBC from a reputable travel agent, while booking on allocated group space... best pricing, guaranteed...

For KSF, I'm beginning to think it depends on the cabin category you book.

Since there are double occupancy only and quad occupancy only cabin subcategories in the same primary category, it's impossible to compare prices with and without the promotion, because they seem to be priced quite differently. When you put in 2 pax, you get steered to a double occupancy only cabin, and when you put in 3 or 4 pax you get steered toward a higher capacity cabin subcategory.

For categories that support double occupancy or more within the same subcategory (I'm mainly talking about suites), it's very easy to compare the pricing with and without KSF.

The two times we've been able to take advantage of the KSF promo, one was a JS and one was a GS. In both cases, we paid the same double occupancy price that was available prior to the KSF promotion (plus taxes and fees on the kids). Way cheaper than the quad occupancy price prior to the promotion.

KSF is the only deal that I've actually seen be a deal. We just upgraded our room AND saved over $1,000. I was valid for the refundable and nonrefundable rate. We actually started as refundable KSF and switched to nonrefundable once we learned that it was offered and would save another $300. Very happy with our booking!

So I didn't save $1800 on my next two cruises with Kids Sail Free for my 1 DD?

I agree with you on the vast majority of promos, but KSF has always given me awesome deals. Even more so for us, because we were booked in 2-berth rooms (DD is in pack n' play) so didn't even have to pay the "extra" they charge you for a extra berth room.

Is there a way to price this without calling an agent to do it manually? When I go through a cruise site or through the royal Caribbean site, it still charges the kids full price. The dates that I chose aren't one of those excluded ones. Thanks.

Is there a way to price this without calling an agent to do it manually? When I go through a cruise site or through the royal Caribbean site, it still charges the kids full price. The dates that I chose aren't one of those excluded ones. Thanks.

Are you sure you met all the criteria for getting the KSF promo? It's not just dates. Sailings have to be 4–night or longer Europe, Bahamas, and Caribbean Sailings, kids must be 12 or younger, and they must not be the 1st or 2nd passengers in the cabin.

The rccl website worked for me.. we got an awesome deal for Oasis in late October, both kids free and wife was 50% off.. we may cruise every year if these deals stick around.. make sure you click on the "kids sail free" icon on the main page, because it's only for certain sailings.

Edited by SuttonJ149
additional info