B2B Cruising

Dadzgirl

Hi all! Looking for some understanding on back to back cruising. Sailing on the Glory out of Miami in October. How does that work? We weren't able to get the same cabin unfortunately, so we will have to switch rooms. Just looking for feedback from those that have done that in the past. Thank you in advance!

Your steward will help you. $$$

Curious, can you make any cruise b2b, or does the line specify certain cruises for b2b?

For example, I doubt you would do two 4 days to Cozumel as b2b.

Just curious!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Forums mobile app

There is a special law under the Jones Act that says certain sailings can't be B2B. I think it has to do with which ports you embark and debark from. They can't both be US ports. One has to be a foreign port, I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a special law under the Jones Act that says certain sailings can't be B2B. I think it has to do with which ports you embark and debark from. They can't both be US ports. One has to be a foreign port, I believe.

Embark and debark ports can be, and usually are, the same as long as there is a non-US port stop during the cruise. For instance, an Alaska cruise out of Seattle has to stop at a Canadian port before returning to Seattle. Usually that is Victoria. Sometimes it is Vancouever.

Embark and debark ports can be, and usually are, the same as long as there is a non-US port stop during the cruise. For instance, an Alaska cruise out of Seattle has to stop at a Canadian port before returning to Seattle. Usually that is Victoria. Sometimes it is Vancouever.

Yeah I wasn't quite sure what the rule was. I knew it had something to do with needing to visit a foreign port.

Can you move your belongings yourself or do you have to let your steward do it?

You will have to coordinate with both cabin stewards. We talked with both and let them handle it. I think the big thing is getting the folks out of your new home and cleaning the cabin. You could give the steward your cell number to call you, but that would mean you'd be toting around your luggage, unless cabin steward #1 was willing to delay cleaning that room so you could leave your things there. Like I said, they do this all the time and work it out, Good luck.

Interesting reading your comments - we've done 2 b2s and never had the experiences some of you have mentioned.We've never met in a dining room, had a group picture or anything like that. We have had to get off the ship and back on again - usually at special line, but still. no other special treatment. We are dong it again In January on the breeze - maybe we'll get those perks then?

Terry

Hi all! Looking for some understanding on back to back cruising. Sailing on the Glory out of Miami in October. How does that work? We weren't able to get the same cabin unfortunately, so we will have to switch rooms. Just looking for feedback from those that have done that in the past. Thank you in advance!

Just out of curiosity, have you checked back with the cruise line to see if either of the cabins became available after final payment? A lot of people cancel at the last minute. For my upcoming B2B on DCL, I started out having to switch cabins, but I checked back often and discovered our first cabin was suddenly available for the second sailing! So I snagged it and now I don't have the hassle of moving. Definitely check on it! Good luck!

Just out of curiosity, have you checked back with the cruise line to see if either of the cabins became available after final payment? A lot of people cancel at the last minute. For my upcoming B2B on DCL, I started out having to switch cabins, but I checked back often and discovered our first cabin was suddenly available for the second sailing! So I snagged it and now I don't have the hassle of moving. Definitely check on it! Good luck!

Same scenario happen to me booked a Havana Cabana for our Horizon cruise and when we decided to do the TA also our room showed it was booked kept checking and about 2 months later our room became available called my PVP booked it immediately and i'm set same room for both legs no moving. So i would advise anyone to keep checking you may get lucky.

We love the Magic. Hubby and I sailed her and liked it so much we took the grands the next time. It is their favorite ship. So hubby and I are back on the Magic on December. You will love it. Lots of free dining choices. Our favs were Guys Burgers and the BBQ place. Kids enjoyed the water park. There is a lot to enjoy.

We told our room steward that we were doing a B2B and please not worry about cleaning our room on the changeover day as she had enough to do that day. She was grateful and asked if she could change our bedding the day before changeover.

In the end she did come in, as we got our towel animal. Even though it was only 1 less room to do, I would like to think we helped her out a little............. even if she did tell us off for not making enough mess for her to clean up!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I am doing my first B2B in December. I will be in the same cabin. The person coming with me will only be on for the first half (5 days), second half (4 days) I will be alone in the cabin but friends will be coming on board to stay in the cabin next to me. Once question I had was do you have to notify Carnival ahead of time that you will be doing a B2B?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Doing our first B2B in Feb 2019 out of NOLA. Don't worry we have one to fill the gap before then. ;p

We are traveling with others that will be departing the ship after the first week. We are their transportation to the airport plus a brunch planned before their departure in New Orleans.

This won't cause any weirdness regarding our leaving the port for a few hours and then returning will it? We are also changing cabins.

Can you see any problems arising? Something we haven't thought of?

I occasionally do b2b (have to be for more than just staying on the ship :) :)

I usually just move my own luggage to the next room, IF I'm not touring from the port early. It's more efficient for me to just tell the new steward and place my single suitcase in the closet. Especially with many of the rooms simply left open, I'd rather just make it easier on this busy day.

Just did this again last week on a NCL sailing. Works perfectly for me.

As mentioned- there will be instructions left in your cabin, at least by the day before. Every cruise does this, don't assume all procedures are the same- they aren't.

Doing our first B2B in Feb 2019 out of NOLA. Don't worry we have one to fill the gap before then. ;p

We are traveling with others that will be departing the ship after the first week. We are their transportation to the airport plus a brunch planned before their departure in New Orleans.

This won't cause any weirdness regarding our leaving the port for a few hours and then returning will it? We are also changing cabins.

Can you see any problems arising? Something we haven't thought of?

No you aren't trapped on the ship.

BUT- sometimes, you will not be able to board, until the general boarding starts- with you simply just going through security then bypassing lines to the ship. I have, also had the "in transit" experience of also just being allowed back on the ship before general boarding. Both have happened to me.

They use your sign and sail cards now for muster, at least they did on our cruise. We met in the show lounge and all cards were checked. The muster does not begin until everyone is accounted for. We had to wait an additional 15 minutes for the few "privileged" who showed up with drinks in their hands. They actually announced their names and cabin numbers on the loud P.A. system.