Flight time from Orlando - TA cruise on NCL

zelly2

First TA cruise. Booked air for 12:45 from Orlando. Is this too early to get off ship, get luggage, customs, shuttle to airport and catch this flight.

Please help me decide what time and how to plan this better?? Thank you!

When a ship first returns to the US from being overseas, there can be several delays, such as Coast Guard inspection, US Public Health inspection, CPB for all crewmembers, etc. These consume crewmembers and government agents. You may be OK with a 12:45pm flight, as long as you have private transportation and are willing to be one of the first off the ship. I'd feel more comfortable with a couple more hours to spare.

When a ship first returns to the US from being overseas, there can be several delays, such as Coast Guard inspection, US Public Health inspection, CPB for all crewmembers, etc. These consume crewmembers and government agents. You may be OK with a 12:45pm flight, as long as you have private transportation and are willing to be one of the first off the ship. I'd feel more comfortable with a couple more hours to spare.

This also depends on if there are any US stops before PC. Our TA stopped in St. Thomas and Miami before we got to Houston, so we just walked off there.

I wanted to answer with a question. Is this your first USA port? If so you will have the issue of clearing customs.

The other issue is whether or not you have TSA Pre Check. Just my opinion but I believe for those who don't have TSA Pre Check that the lines for security at the airport will be longer then they are now since electronics that are larger then a smart phone will need to be taken out of the checked luggage such as iPads and even DSLR cameras.

If there is a slightly later flight I might look at that if this is your first USA port.

Keith

Thank you all for good advice. Planning to rebook to later. Rather travel at leisure than rush, rush!!!

TA starts in Barcelona to Malaga to St Thomas to PC.

That is another question, will we do immigration in St Thomas or PC?