PVP vs carnival.com

Pugs&Kisses

Probably the better thing about a PVP is talking to an actual person. There may be information that they can/will provide about a cabin selection or some other aspect that the website would not provide. There also may be more cabins available than the website shows that a PVP would be able to suggest. There may be some 'deals' that are not shown on the website that a PVP could fill you in on. Other than this, not much difference. ;)

I have always booked online because it was easy. But ... I just used a PVP and couldn't be happier. He gave me a better price than what was posted online. He will also adjust final payment accordingly if the price of our cabin drops.

I would suggest using this site and Carnival's website for FAQs and information and research into ships, rates, etc.

Then I would contact a good local TA or ask for a PVP when I felt ready to book, and would have a written list of questions ready when I talked with them.

Knowing what questions to ask is important so prior research will help you with that.

A PVP is one point of contact and if you get a good one, you will never want to book any other way. I can't count all the "issues" that pop up on here that could have been prevented had they had a PVP. Mine has been at Carnival since 1992. He cruises the ships himself so can speak intelligently if you have questions. Also if there are any glitches. he knows who he needs to talk to to get it fixed.

I hear so many times that people never have any problems. "I'm quite capable of booking on my own, yadda, yadda, yadda." And that may be true. I know tons of stuff too. But when things happen beyond your control and you need someone to help, it is MUCH easier to have one person to call vs spending hours on the phone repeating your story to multiple people and ultimately a supervisor who may or may not help. One call to my guy and I'm done. He will call, email, or text me when it's taken care of. Not if. When. You don't think you need a PVP until you do.

There was a time that I kept a running list of why to use a PVP (or a good TA). But I think my PVP said it best:

"Anybody can book a cruise. It isn't rocket science. It is when the issues start popping up that you need the help"

I hear so many times that people never have any problems. "I'm quite capable of booking on my own, yadda, yadda, yadda." And that may be true. I know tons of stuff too. But when things happen beyond your control and you need someone to help, it is MUCH easier to have one person to call vs spending hours on the phone repeating your story to multiple people and ultimately a supervisor who may or may not help.
I'll admit to saying I'm capable of booking on my own (referring to the "Carnival Got Me" thread) but I'm positive I did not say "yadda yadda yadda." ;)

I've had the same PVP at Carnival for 12 years now. When I'm booking multiple cabins I always call her If I'm booking one for myself and my wife I just book online at Carnival.com.

Wow! 12 years!!! We seem to get a new one every 6 months. Someone calling or emailing that they have been assigned and DW reaches out and asks for the last one only to find out that person has skidaddled.:(

Wow! 12 years!!! We seem to get a new one every 6 months. Someone calling or emailing that they have been assigned and DW reaches out and asks for the last one only to find out that person has skidaddled.:(

That's horrible. I guess I got super lucky when I got assigned my guy who has been there since 1992. He assures me he's not going anywhere. I suppose that's true between all my bookings and the referrals I send him!

I have seen many people lidg that their PVP is amazing. Is it so much better than booking online?

Whats the difference?

I think it depends on the situation. If it's a simple booking and you know that you know you are getting a good location and there won't be any unpleasant surprises, then booking yourself is perfectly fine and safe. If, on the other hand, you need to book multiple rooms, a B2B, or there are questions you have, then a PVP is probably the way to go. One advantage of a PVP is that they can see available cabins that aren't showing up on the Carnival site.

I think it depends on the situation. If it's a simple booking and you know that you know you are getting a good location and there won't be any unpleasant surprises, then booking yourself is perfectly fine and safe. If, on the other hand, you need to book multiple rooms, a B2B, or there are questions you have, then a PVP is probably the way to go. One advantage of a PVP is that they can see available cabins that aren't showing up on the Carnival site.

All my bookings are simple and I never anticipate any surprises (really, who does?). But things can and do happen. It's easier to call my PVP, tell him what I want and bam! Instant email confirmation. No guesswork, no trying to see if the website is cooperating or not that day. It is just less work IMHO.

All my bookings are simple and I never anticipate any surprises (really, who does?). But things can and do happen. It's easier to call my PVP, tell him what I want and bam! Instant email confirmation. No guesswork, no trying to see if the website is cooperating or not that day. It is just less work IMHO.
I'm not discouraging the use of a PVP at all. In fact, there are advantages. I mentioned a couple. I'm merely pointing out that in some instances it is just as easy to book online. If someone is lucky enough to get a good PVP - such as you and I have - it's definitely the way to go. There are some... hmmm... less than good ones though. I've had one. In that case it's just as easy, if not easier, to do the booking yourself. The less than good one I had a few years ago was really bad about calling continuously trying to make a sale. That was annoying. At any rate, I'm glad I have a good one now. I'll likely continue to book through him.

I'm not discouraging the use of a PVP at all. In fact, there are advantages. I mentioned a couple. I'm merely pointing out that in some instances it is just as easy to book online. If someone is lucky enough to get a good PVP - such as you and I have - it's definitely the way to go. There are some... hmmm... less than good ones though. I've had one. In that case it's just as easy, if not easier, to do the booking yourself. The less than good one I had a few years ago was really bad about calling continuously trying to make a sale. That was annoying. At any rate, I'm glad I have a good one now. I'll likely continue to book through him.

That's true. The bad ones can be really bad and in that case, it would be less hassle to do it yourself or take your chances with the CSRs that answer the phone :eek:. Luckily we don't have that problem ;)!

It doesn't cost me anything extra to get the personal service from my PVP and in a very small way, I help keep someone employed. I could book myself online, but my pvp does it for me and she absolutely, never, ever calls me unless I call her first. I hear about people having their pvp call everytime they look at the Carnival website, but mine has never done that, which is good because she'd be calling just about every day.