What did RCCL do for your anniversary?

We celebrated our anniversary on a B2B cruise on Adventure in September. We had house champagne and cookies left on the first day of the first week (our actual anniversary date), and champagne and chocolate strawberries left the first day of our second week.

Last cruise we were celebrating our anniversary and marked it on our reservation. All we got was a couple fliers inviting us to buy stuff for our celebration. We had MTD, but I'm not sure even with traditional dining the wait staff would know unless someone in the party said something (or they overheard something).

I remember on at least a few of our previous 4 cruises (3 different cruise lines) we got free stuff a number of times in our room, from champagne to strawberries. At least one was for our anniversary (we often cruise that time in September), one was an apology, and one was because my husband made a connection with an officer somewhere.

I'm not really surprised, cutbacks and all. Even if the gift doesn't cost them much, it also costs money for the manpower to deliver it. I saw plates of something being delivered one day when I was walking through the hall. It seemed like nearly everyone was getting them; must have been a higher up C&A thing.

We booked a cruise in January to celebrate our 20th Anniversary which was in October. Our travel agent called me back to ask which night we wanted to celebrate. I have no idea what is going to happen!! It is noted on our reservation that it's an anniversary.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I have done quite a few celebrations in recent years - Parents' 50th anniversary, Own 50th birthday, 25th anniversary etc. All of the bookings were via TA.

I didn't expect or get anything special over and above anything that I might have organised. If you are celebrating a special occasion then IMO be prepared to organise and pay to make it special. RCL might make token gestures like strawberries in your cabin or a cake with a candle at dinner but don't rely on it and I would question whether that in itself would make the event special. I don't believe it makes a difference if you are in a suite or Diamond.

For me, if I am celebrating a special occasion then I would organise it to make it special. That might mean having a quiet word with the restaurant manager, requesting special food or treats, champagne, special table etc. I would also reward the extra effort with a tip as well as pay for the extras like drinks.

We just did a cruise for our honeymoon and my birthday. We are at the specialty restaurants on both nights. The waiter gave us a 2 glasses of wine and my husband's favorite dessert that is no longer on the menu

For our for my birthday we recieved a full bottle of wine and some yummy desserts.

We also went to Sabor on this cruise. On the first night the waiter knew it was our honeymoon. He kept brining free shots to our table. We also got free margaritas in Sabor several times on the cruise. On my way out of Sabor on my birthday I was even given a margaritas to back to my room.

Sent from my iPad using Forums