Renewing wedding vows on board.

we recently celebrated our 30 th anniversary and are sailing on navigator in October with close family and friends and are thinking of renewing our wedding vows whilst onboard, anyone done this? can they offer any info advice i.e. Cost , packages, etc.

Many thanks!!

You could always find a nice spot after you board, and simply say your vows to each other. There's really little need to pay someone for a vow renewal....vow renewals aren't legal, so you can do it how you want...you're still married! And, now, you've stated your love for each other....that's all it's about!

We did this on the Caribbean Princess about 10 years ago for our 15th anniversary. Was about $450 and included an 8x10, ceremony by the captain (if available), bottle of champagne, small bouquet and an 8x10. Really didn't get much but would say it was probably the best $450 I've ever spent on a cruise. It was just my husband and I (a few members of the roll call came) and it was just wonderful. Probably meant more to me than my original wedding because I really knew what was like to be married and how hard it was so celebrating with a vow renewal meant a lot. The whole thing was maybe 10 minutes but meant a lot to both my husband and I (he wasn't really into it during planning but thought it was really special). 41f1fd6f113acf0ed38997e138a901e8.jpgc9a1fc0f1dbcea0b0f243d7c466d05bc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So if I wanted to have a gathering of say 10 friends in the chapel on a Sunday night at 6.30 to renew our vows privately, do you think that would be ok, or would I need to get the ok from RCI?

You would need to arrange the use of the venue with the people onboard.

Here is a brochure: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/Royal_Weddings_Brochure_7_12_17.pdf

Be sure you are sitting when you read the prices.

The RC wedding site, doesn't mention renewal of vows. But for an actual wedding, with up to 50 guests, for under $4,000 is a steal. Compared to a land wedding of at least $10,000 or $15,000.

My granddaughter is getting married Sept 2018, and I tried to talk her into a cruise ship wedding. Alas, her husband to be, gets sea sick. darn.

Hubby and I renewed our vows, on Carnival, back in 2012 for our 50th anniversary. At that time the cost was $385, and this is what we got.

Captain performed ceremony

1 long stem rose for me

1 rose boutonniere for hubby

2 tier wedding cake, we got to keep the nice cake topper.

lovely cake cutter, which we got to keep.

bottle of champagne. which we upgraded for a few dollars. We got to keep glasses.

Ship photographer took pictures, we got to choose a free 8x10

Signed certificate, in leather like folder, by the Captain

It was a wonderful experience, so glad we did it.

But, now the cost is something like $800, very expensive.

So if I wanted to have a gathering of say 10 friends in the chapel on a Sunday night at 6.30 to renew our vows privately, do you think that would be ok, or would I need to get the ok from RCI?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

if you are asking if y'all can just show up unannounced as a group and commandeer the venue, then no. the Chapel ( assuming there is still one on board) can be used for other things like Friends of Bill W or Friends of Dorothy Meetings. plus you may have other people there praying or even just sight seeing.

if you are asking if y'all can just show up unannounced as a group and commandeer the venue, then no. the Chapel ( assuming there is still one on board) can be used for other things like Friends of Bill W or Friends of Dorothy Meetings. plus you may have other people there praying or even just sight seeing.

So I'd assume that friends of bill w or friends of Dorothy book out the space somehow and I could do the same via RC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums