Transferring OBC?

DanL

We booked a Celebrity cruise for January on the reflection and got $500 OBC from celebrity. Then transferred to a non-celebrity agent and got an additional $350 OBC.

Now I would like to transfer some of that OBC to another Celebrity Cruise. Celebrity tells me that the OBC is tied to the cruise and can't transfer. Haven't contacted the outside TA to see what they would say.

Before I contact the TA I need your expert help on finding ways to transfer some of the OBC to the new Cruise. Any suggestions will be well received.

Who did you book the cruise you want to move OBC to with, if it was the TA same you may have a shot.

Often OBC from a TA is refundable so if you don't use it on the cruise you get the unused OBC refunded to your Credit card. Before trying to move the OBC from your TA find out if refundable, if it is just don't spend it and use it on your future cruise.

A question, are you keeping the cruise you have already booked and booking a second cruise or just changing cruises? If you are just changing the booking Celebrity may allow you to carry the OBC from them to a new cruise but I doubt they would split their OBC between two cruises, just too much bookkeeping and too many chances for things to get lost. If you are looking at a second booking talk to your TA about shifting the OBC. When a TA gives you OBC or pre-paid grats they are simply taking some of their commission and giving it back to Celebrity to credit to your account. As jelayne said, OBC from your TA is often refundable if you don't spend it so it is as good as cash in hand really. Once you are on your cruise then Celebrity will use your non-refundable OBC before they touch the refundable.

Who did you book the cruise you want to move OBC to with, if it was the TA same you may have a shot.

Often OBC from a TA is refundable so if you don't use it on the cruise you get the unused OBC refunded to your Credit card. Before trying to move the OBC from your TA find out if refundable, if it is just don't spend it and use it on your future cruise.

I meant to say that I booked on board with Celebrity. That's who I booked the original cruise with before transferring to another TA who gave me the 350 additional OBC.

A question, are you keeping the cruise you have already booked and booking a second cruise or just changing cruises? If you are just changing the booking Celebrity may allow you to carry the OBC from them to a new cruise but I doubt they would split their OBC between two cruises, just too much bookkeeping and too many chances for things to get lost. If you are looking at a second booking talk to your TA about shifting the OBC. When a TA gives you OBC or pre-paid grats they are simply taking some of their commission and giving it back to Celebrity to credit to your account. As jelayne said, OBC from your TA is often refundable if you don't spend it so it is as good as cash in hand really. Once you are on your cruise then Celebrity will use your non-refundable OBC before they touch the refundable.

Yes looking to book a second Cruise and transfer some of the OBC from the first. Keeping both cruises.

Keep the OBC with the original cruise, then if you are booking a 2nd cruise, your TA will probably give some kind of perk, OBC or something else, for the 2nd cruise. As stated by the OP YOUR $350. Is probably a refundable OBC and will be credited to your CC if not used at the end of the cruise.

Yes looking to book a second Cruise and transfer some of the OBC from the first. Keeping both cruises.[/quote

If you book the new cruise with the TA you will mostly likely get OBC for that booking. Is there a particular amount you are trying to get? Not sure why getting the unused OBC Refunded doesn't work.

The issue is the new Cruise is a transatlantic and nobody is giving more than $100 OBC for it. I would like to have more OBC for the transatlantic.

That's true. I managed to get $150 from a TA this month which was pretty good cosidering how inexpensive (relatively speaking) the veranda guarantee was. Good luck getting some moved by the TA.