Yacht Club Balcony

LorraineP

i have booked an interior yacht club cabin on the Seaside & considering switching to a yacht club balcony for about $900 more. How much larger is stateroom & are there reclining lounge chairs on balcony or only chairs? Also I was told I can book a cabin for 3 or 4 even though we are 2, concerned about being switched if they need that cabin for 3 or 4, also only want deck 16. There is only 1 cabin available now for 2 & that's on deck 18, don't want that because pool is above. Appreciate any comments.

To figure out the size of the rooms and balcony I would advise doing a mock booking. When you select a stateroom a popup comes up with the size of the room and the size of the balcony.

I did do that & on one website both say 226 sq ft but from the deck plans the YC1 (balcony) is much larger. When I called MSC I was told the YC1 is 269 sq ft.

i have booked an interior yacht club cabin on the Seaside & considering switching to a yacht club balcony for about $900 more. How much larger is stateroom & are there reclining lounge chairs on balcony or only chairs? Also I was told I can book a cabin for 3 or 4 even though we are 2, concerned about being switched if they need that cabin for 3 or 4, also only want deck 16. There is only 1 cabin available now for 2 & that's on deck 18, don't want that because pool is above. Appreciate any comments.

How much time will you spend in your room? is it worth $900 more? if it is to you then book it , to us it's not so we have 3 cruises booked in a YC interior.

You said you did it on "one" website, did you do it on the official MSC site? That's where I've been doing my mock bookings.

I tried MSC site but when I went to suites got as far as yacht club then wouldn't let me go further as if no cabins available. I know there are on other TA sites.

I did do that & on one website both say 226 sq ft but from the deck plans the YC1 (balcony) is much larger. When I called MSC I was told the YC1 is 269 sq ft.

the data on the MSC UK web site gives both the YC1 and YCIN as 21 sq m (226 sq ft) I suspect the 269 is the sq ft including

as to furniture on the balcony I suspect we'll have to wait and see when it is in service.the balcony.

Interestingly on Meraviglia the YC1 is given as 24 sq m ( 28 sq ft) and the YCIN as 16 sq m (172 sq ft)

Pete

For us the extra money is worth it. We like being on the balcony in the morning and during sail in to various ports where we can spend quiet time before dressing for public areas. It's great to be on the balcony while taking turns dressing for dinner or whatever. I would spend the money on the balcony and not worry about deck 18 before doing an inside cabin. But that's us. I understand about your concern about being bumped out of a 4-person cabin but I can't think there would be enough noise on the YC pool deck to bother you. It's virtually empty at night and most activity is in the center of the ship and not the edges where it would be over your cabin. I hope that helps!

For us the extra money is worth it. We like being on the balcony in the morning and during sail in to various ports where we can spend quiet time before dressing for public areas. It's great to be on the balcony while taking turns dressing for dinner or whatever. I would spend the money on the balcony and not worry about deck 18 before doing an inside cabin. But that's us. I understand about your concern about being bumped out of a 4-person cabin but I can't think there would be enough noise on the YC pool deck to bother you. It's virtually empty at night and most activity is in the center of the ship and not the edges where it would be over your cabin. I hope that helps!

That is what makes the world, lots of different opinions.

We were on deck 18, beneath the pool deck on Meraviglia - never heard a sound, day or night. We absolutely loved being on that deck (despite reservations beforehand). The restaurant was close by, the pool one deck up and Top Sail Lounge one deck down from the cabin. If Seaside is the same and you decide to go for the deck 18 cabin, you won't regret it.