Celebrity Constellation from Venice August 2018

laticmon

We are considering a cruise on Constellation in August 2018 from Venice with our 17yo son. We have only previously sailed with P&O from the UK and our son has always made friends as there has always been lots of similar ages on board.

Our main concern is whether this is the case on Celebrity in the Med. Has anyone any experience of this please?

What would be a typical mix of ages/nationalities on this type of itinerary; 10 days Adriatic/Greece to/from Venice?

Celebrity was always the cruise line of choice for our teenagers, they always found friends on board when we sailed during school holidays, children of many nationalities. My nephew loved the interaction with the Mexicans so much it made him go to Mexico to learn the language!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on an Adriatic cruise from Venice on the Constellation in July and there seemed to be as many kids as adults. There were also more Europeans than North Americans. By the way, the Adriatic surprised me as one of my favorite itineraries. We didn't know what to expect from two days in Malta, two in Dubrovnik, and one in Montenegro and loved all of them. You will have a great time and so will your son. Oh, if you do get two days in Malta, my tip is to spend the day on the Hornblower Boat (they have a pick up right in the port area) and enjoy the Blue Lagoon (great for kids), Dwerja, and Gozo. It was one of the more fun days on our itinerary.

We were on the April Constellation cruise post docking and there were few teenagers on board. I think the number of youngsters on board are determined by school / university holidays. If one travels outside school holiday times as we tend to do there is less likliehood of youngsters on board