Location of Medical Centre on the Westerdam

weselka

I looked at the deck plans for the Westerdam (post dry-dock), and cannot locate the Medical Center on the public decks. Would it be located on deck "A" (below Main Deck), thus does not show up on the deck plans? If so, is it mid-ship or forward? If not, then where is it located? Any and every response is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I looked at the deck plans for the Westerdam (post dry-dock), and cannot locate the Medical Center on the public decks. Would it be located on deck "A" (below Main Deck), thus does not show up on the deck plans? If so, is it mid-ship or forward? If not, then where is it located? Any and every response is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A-Deck forward, port side, right off the fwd public elevators

Thank you Copper for such a speedy reply. Much appreciate it.

You're welcome! Hope you don't have to make use of it for any reason if you cruise any of the Vista ships!

That fwd public elevator btw, is the only pax elevator (barring gangway/tender operations) that stops on A-Deck, a non-pax/crew only deck with the exception of the infirmary

You're welcome! Hope you don't have to make use of it for any reason if you cruise any of the Vista ships!

That fwd public elevator btw, is the only pax elevator (barring gangway/tender operations) that stops on A-Deck, a non-pax/crew only deck with the exception of the infirmary

Is that also the tender spot?

Roy

I'm on the Westerdam in October as the priest/chaplain for the Adriatic and Mediterranean Dreams, and one of my duties is a daily visit to the Medical Centre. I'm also a Medical First Responder (in addition to being a priest), so I'm in the habit of letting the Medical staff know of my presence and capabilities. Thanks again.

(Fr.) Roman

Is that also the tender spot?

Roy

Tender break is further back, mid-ships, reachable via the elevators/stairs aft of the Front Desk/FCC/Shorex, now known as Guest Services (Front Desk), The actual platform is on B-Deck, reachable by stairs and/or small elevator from A-Deck. The fwd break by the Medical Center is, with less frequency, being used. Half Moon Cay tender and Colon Panama (as 2nd gangway) come to mind ;)

I'm on the Westerdam in October as the priest/chaplain for the Adriatic and Mediterranean Dreams, and one of my duties is a daily visit to the Medical Centre. I'm also a Medical First Responder (in addition to being a priest), so I'm in the habit of letting the Medical staff know of my presence and capabilities. Thanks again.

(Fr.) Roman

Thank YOU for your services, Father!

Cooper, would that also be the location on the Oosterdam? Thankfully, have not needed it on previous cruises.

Yes, it would ;) same location (A-Deck fwd, port side) on the remaining three Vistas: Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Noordam

• 5 weeks later...

(Fr.) Roman

Cheers!

We will be cruising on the Westerdam in October 14 from Rome. Looking forward to meeting another Canuck on board.

Cheers!

We will be cruising on the Westerdam in October 14 from Rome. Looking forward to meeting another Canuck on board.

I pray that either the date or the place were a typo-error. On October 14th, the Westerdam will be in Venice. It leaves Rome on October 2nd and then again on October 26th for the Transatlantic.

But I also look forward to meeting both of you on board.

I pray that either the date or the place were a typo-error. On October 14th, the Westerdam will be in Venice. It leaves Rome on October 2nd and then again on October 26th for the Transatlantic.

Good catch. I did get it backwards. Too excited perhaps.

Here's what the ticket has:

Departure Date: 14Oct2017

Embarkation Port: VENICE

Disembarkation Port: CIVITAVECCHIA

I always somehow meet priests on my cruises, on the Zaandam last year the priest knew one of my childhood priests.