Cold soda?

jackparts

I ordered the soda package for all of us on our Fascination cruise. I assume that the Sign and Sail Card will have the soda stickers on when we sign in. I also ordered extra soda to be in all our rooms. Since there are no refrigerators on the ship, will the Cabin Steward put them on ice for us before we get to the rooms?

I would have to say no. I have preordered beer before and it has always been dropped off warm with no ice, even with the purchased cooler. With beer you can exchange for cold ones at a bar, but I do not believe they have cold soda at the bars.

Once you see your steward, you can request ice. You may need a small cooler to keep the soda cold.

I ordered the soda package for all of us on our Fascination cruise. I assume that the Sign and Sail Card will have the soda stickers on when we sign in. I also ordered extra soda to be in all our rooms. Since there are no refrigerators on the ship, will the Cabin Steward put them on ice for us before we get to the rooms?

Not to butt my nose in, but I'm wondering why, if you have BB, are you also purchasing soda for the room? Is it a convenience thing?

To answer your question, no, they will be room temp. Your steward will put them on ice for you if you request, but it won't be automatically done when you arrive.

The sodas and mixers we order, even with a cooler has always been delivered at room temperature. We bring the cooler back with us, or another 12x12x12 collapsible cooler, and request that they fill it every day, which it has been.

No he will not. Why order sodas if you are in and old clunker that does not even have a fridge???

IMO, might be better if you just bring a cold soda from your package, instead of maintaining a room temp soda in your cabin.

Logic: I am on vacation and late at nite, I like to sit on the balcony and watch the world go by. Have glasses that I can shine on a book to read. Hate to get up to go to a bar and get a soda. Room service, the rest of family is sound a sleep and do not want to waken them when soda is delivered. And yes, it is a convenience thing as the bars do not give cans on the soda package, only cups that hold a little or they slosh over the side causing a mess. Still can't believe that any ship these days does not have a fridge.

Bring a small collapsible cooler with you (12x12x12 max size). I place mine under the sink in the bathroom and ask the cabin steward the first day to put ice in it for me every day. Some are a little stingier with the ice than others, but worst case scenario is to get more ice from Lido if you need it for your cooler. Your pre-purchased soda will be delivered warm to your cabin. The sodas at the bars are usually poured from warm cans over ice. I'm not a soda drinker, but I've seen others post that doing that makes the soda a little flat.

Take a cooler. We take one like this

igloo-cooler-tote_300.jpg

We ask the steward to keep it full of ice and have never had a problem. We do this even in staterooms that have a fridge, the cooler always keeps our drinks cold and the fridge is sort of a maybe it will and maybe it won't sort of situation! It packs flat in our suitcase and doesn't take up that much room - and we fly!