We got a Upsell!!!

Eiansmomma

We were originally booked in a interior cabin but we were upped to the grand suite today. Over all the cruise is costing us a TOTAL of $1200 for two of us. I'm so excited for more room and the balcony. This is our first vacation without kids in 13 years....I plan on spending a lot of time on that balcony enjoying some peace and quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had 2 missed calls from Carnival last week. I called them back and they had no idea why I received calls as everything is in order for my upcoming sailing. I wonder if I missed an upsell opp to a suite....oh well, I will enjoy my balcony nonetheless!

Wow an 8 day cruise on the Sunshine in a suite for $1200. That's great

How much were you paying for an interior? And how much did you pay to get the grand suite?

We are paying just over $600 per person.

Congratulations! I am happy for you. I've never been upselled on Carnival, but we did on Disney. On our first Disney cruise, we booked two adjacent oceanview rooms and when we showed up at the port, our room assignments had been changed to two connecting balconies.

Is it true you won't be offered an upsell if your cruise is paid in full? I have a $6 balance I am keeping until the last minute due to that rumor!

No, all the upsells we have gotten were within a few weeks of the cruise, well after final payment date. You can pay your last $6 and not worry about missing out on anything.

Is it true you won't be offered an upsell if your cruise is paid in full? I have a $6 balance I am keeping until the last minute due to that rumor!

We've been paid in full since we booked the cruise.