Any difference buying the water package before the cruise or on the cruise?

theriac

Hey, I was check NCLs website and see you can purchase a case of water. I'm curious if there's any diference buying it before the cruise or onboard. Also I'm assuming if it's purchased on board you can use OBC for it.

Sorry if this has been asked before or is common sense, but I couldn't find the answer using the search feature.

Also any other tips for NCL? I usually cruise Celebrity or Carnival and haven't been on NCL since 02 when I was 15.

whatever will bewilder me

Hey, I was check NCLs website and see you can purchase a case of water. I'm curious if there's any diference buying it before the cruise or onboard. Also I'm assuming if it's purchased on board you can use OBC for it.

Sorry if this has been asked before or is common sense, but I couldn't find the answer using the search feature.

Also any other tips for NCL? I usually cruise Celebrity or Carnival and haven't been on NCL since 02 when I was 15.

I ordered it ahead of time just to have it in the room when we got there. This was our first NCL cruise, and I had no clue what the turnaround time would have been to have ordered it on board.

NCL is a different beast, in a good way... we've cruised with CCL, RCCL, HAL, and Princess and we just got off the Epic today and that ship was probably the best one we've been on yet. The service was outstanding, the food great, and the experience all around awesome.

I can't tell OP if there are any price differences, but you can definitely use OBC to purchase it if you buy it on board. The water from the bars and at the buffet is filtered and fine to drink. I bring a refillable sports bottle and it works fine for me. If you don't want to spend the money for water I would suggest that you consider that option.

I believe there is a discount if you buy it ahead of time.

I believe this is also the case when buying it ahead of time.

Like other posters already mentioned, you can buy it ahead of time or onboard if you want to.

If you want to save monies, you can go without water.

There's juices, tea, milk, flavored water on the cruise ships.

Not worried so much about the money, and I'm not a fan of the included, not "free" water that I've had on other ships. I just prefer having bottled water and have become spoiled with other cruise lines drink packages where it's included.

I'll probably just go ahead and book a few now if there's no difference and find some other things to use OBC on.

Also does NCL offer a luggage valet service in Copenhagen?

• 2 weeks later...
I believe this is also the case when buying it ahead of time.

Like other posters already mentioned, you can buy it ahead of time or onboard if you want to.

If you want to save monies, you can go without water.

There's juices, tea, milk, flavored water on the cruise ships.

No need to go without water, any bar will provide free water or you can fill your own bottle at the buffet or gym.

I'm bewildered that people order cases of water - bring a reusable water bottles for your group and fill your bottle for free. Not too mention less plastic water bottles not getting recycled

I will tell you why I bought an 18-pack before our last cruise in January. I didn't know the water quality had improved on board over the years. I am not a water snob in the fact that it has to be expensive, I just don't want my water to taste like ANYTHING at all, no taste/after taste. I have trouble when traveling even state to state, because of the taste of water. And used to have a hell of a time in Florida, because it tasted so much like salt water to me. The osmosis filtration systems have helped the dramatically.

So the last time I was on a cruise, 14 years ago. I couldn't drink anything. Not just water, but the soda that has the water in it. The ice, made from that water. It all tasted horrible to me. I barely drank a drop while on board. This past cruise in January, I made sure to buy the water so that I was able to stay hydrated, especially since we had the UBL. I was going to stick to straight liquor to not have any issue with the salty water. Well to my surprise, the water/ice/sodas had no bad taste. I didn't need that water at all. But, I was better safe than sorry. This time, I may use the sports bottles that you guys have recommended. Although, I did see many signs around water that said, "Please do not fill outside bottles." So, I may just get a six pack of water ahead of time and know when I want to get water in a glass, I am good to go :D

And to the OP, yes, it is cheaper when you buy ahead of time. At least that is how they market it. I wonder about the soda package. That looks like it may be the same now or online. I think I will wait for that and use our OBC for my DD's package.

I'm bewildered that people order cases of water - bring a reusable water bottles for your group and fill your bottle for free. Not too mention less plastic water bottles not getting recycled

some of us don't drink soda or alcohol. I am a big water drinker and would prefer it to taste decent and not like plastic or bleach. that is why we buy water!:rolleyes:

We purchased the 24 pack of water before our last cruise to Bermuda and it was in our room when we arrived. There were 5 of us and we needed to buy additional water during our cruise. It was the same price on the ship as it was before the cruise. Also, when we purchased it at the bar, they gave us a couple of cold bottles to take with us and they delivered the rest to the room.

When we purchased the water package for our European cruise last year, it was a mineral water that we really didn't like