Noise on hump cabin

JudithLynne

I have never really found noise from the foyer to be a problem in that location - have sailed there a few times. Sometimes if you really listen hard you can faintly hear the music but nothing disruptive. The only problem I have had in that area is if you are aft of center on S class. The vibrations can be very annoying sometimes, even while in port. Don't know if you will feel it that close to the elevators, but I know for sure further back it can be a big issue at times.

We didn't hear a thing. There are automatic sliding glass doors that close to keep the noise from the Atrium away from the cabins. We also did not notice any vibrations what so ever. The 1A hump cabins are our favourite, especially the ones on the front angle midship.

Thank you all for taking the time to post....I feel reassured by your responses.

Judith

The hump cabins are the best on these ships. Just make sure you are in an even numbered cabin to avoid the possibility that smoke from the smoking areas may drift upwards

We will be on the Solstice next year and have booked a hump cabin on the 9th floor. Will we be bothered by noise/music from the foyer? Thanks for any help.

Our favorite cabin location on an S-class ship.

You will have no noise issues at all, simply the most WONDERFUL cabin location ever.

Well, unless you can get on on the Aft! :D

We will be on the Solstice next year and have booked a hump cabin on the 9th floor. Will we be bothered by noise/music from the foyer? Thanks for any help.

No noise at all from the foyer!! If you are on the forward slant, you might want to be aware that the room steward's closet is right there next to your door. While they are not the problem, people would stop by to converse with them right outside our door in the early morning. Other than that, no noise issue from the ship itself.

We are next to the elevators and Card Room. Our cabin is on the straight part of the hump and is the third cabin from the aft slant, #9221.

That will be quite nice. I've been on the actual hump before and loved it!! No noise at all ... and such a convenient location!! You are going to love it.

I've seen them taken down on some ships but there are glass doors that open into the hallways on the S class ships ... as soon as those close ... there is silence! Plus, even if they are down, we've never heard any music once we were inside our cabin.