Golden Princess Embarkation Melbourne March 2018

Maverick911

Hi Guys, We are due to sail on the Golden March 15th 2018, Melbourne to Singapore. I was just wondering what time we are likely to be able to board ? The posted ship sail time is 1600hrs. Trying to arrange are trip and arrange our time in Melbourne. TIA.

Hi Guys, We are due to sail on the Golden March 15th 2018, Melbourne to Singapore. I was just wondering what time we are likely to be able to board ? The posted ship sail time is 1600hrs. Trying to arrange are trip and arrange our time in Melbourne. TIA.

When either your TA or you print out your Cruise Documents, the Boarding Information is on there. From memory-sailed the Golden Princess Sydney-Melbourne November 2016 I was in a Window Suite on Fiesta Deck and my boarding-IIRC-was 1.00pm. HTH.

As you are travelling Internationally, your timing will be different as you need to clear Customs and Passport (I think, never been out of Australia).

Do enjoy your cruise, and I hope to read a review of your travels in due course.

I live in Melbourne so I quite often go down to see the ships even though I'm not boarding. I have seen people there as early as 10am waiting to board although there are still people disembarking. When we sail out of Melbourne we'll usually get there around 12md and get on pretty much straightaway, but we are elite. If you don't want any waiting time then come after 2pm.

When either your TA or you print out your Cruise Documents, the Boarding Information is on there. From memory-sailed the Golden Princess Sydney-Melbourne November 2016 I was in a Window Suite on Fiesta Deck and my boarding-IIRC-was 1.00pm. HTH.

As you are travelling Internationally, your timing will be different as you need to clear Customs and Passport (I think, never been out of Australia).

Do enjoy your cruise, and I hope to read a review of your travels in due course.

The boarding times are suggestions rather than mandatory. Only a very few have ever posted here that they showed up early and were denied boarding until the appointed time. It's usually first come-first serve.

IIRC - the ports that have denied early boarding were in Europe.

YMMV - but usually OK to show up at the port any time after 10AM.

The cruise we did on Golden this April out of Melbourne had a 1600 departure and the first boarding group was listed as starting at 1130. From memory the baggage check was open from about 0900 according to the guys we chatted to and the terminal allowed passengers in from about 1030 I think.

Maverick have you thought of coming over on the overnight ferry Spirit of Tasmania from Devonport? She comes in at 6.00am and berths only metres from where Golden will be on the opposite side of Station Pier. The airport is miles away from Port Melbourne.

Maverick have you thought of coming over on the overnight ferry Spirit of Tasmania from Devonport? She comes in at 6.00am and berths only metres from where Golden will be on the opposite side of Station Pier. The airport is miles away from Port Melbourne.

I had to travel from Spencer Street-Atlantis Hotel, to the airport and it cost me about $50 from memory in November 2016 including the toll fee.

I would strongly endorse Ondine's suggestion of travelling over on the Spirit of Tasmania is very practical and would save an overnight hotel bill and an expensive taxi fare if flying in the day before. Personally I daren't do that, physical disabilities making me slow, and limited airline flights-only 1 airline flying from my home town so I have no other choice as I cannot drive due to Legal Blindness and can't manage on walking sticks-safer with my Rollator for mobility.

WOW didnt think of this will look into and thanks for bringing it to our attention. :D

WOW didnt think of this will look into and thanks for bringing it to our attention. :D

One economical way to travel is to book a seat (not a cabin). When you board, wait at the reception desk and the minute it is manned, ask for an upgrade to a cabin. This is quite inexpensive. Yes - you take the risk that there are no cabins available, but that is unlikely.