Nexus at Vancouver cruise ship terminal

ehogan

On our cruise on the NA in May we used global entry BUT if i hadn't brought our Global Entry ID cards they would not have let us use the line. I said that I it was explained to me that we never had to carry them for use of Global Entry and was "told" at this location you do. Since we use them as approved usa ID at airports we had them with us.

On our cruise on the NA in May we used global entry BUT if i hadn't brought our Global Entry ID cards they would not have let us use the line. I said that I it was explained to me that we never had to carry them for use of Global Entry and was "told" at this location you do. Since we use them as approved usa ID at airports we had them with us.

That happened to me at FLL. So now I bring mine for the benefit of the terminal rent-a-grandmas.

Thanks to you all, again this board has come thru!

We have Nexus but not Global Entry so it's the long line for us.

NEXUS includes Global Entry. At US airports I use the Global Entry kiosk (The information is coded in my passport). At Port Everglades I used the Global Entry. They will take a NEXUS card in lieu of a Global Entry card.

Roy

We are in Vancouver now departing on the NA today, there are four ships in, how early should we arrive at the port.

There are never 4 ships simultaneously boarding - all the '4 ship days' have one of them leave before another arrives (in theory 4 ships can be docked, but two of them would have to be tiny by cruise standards and the small luxury vessels never seem to overlap with each other). Schedule does confirm just 2 as mentioned, and since this is what governs where the Longshoremen work if there are 2 other ships they're not even getting their lines caught by anyone let alone being (un)loaded! Even with 2 ships, show up at 2pm to minimise your time spent queuing and maximise your sightseeing time. Especially since we can now actually SEE things again with the smoke finally clearing today!!!

NEXUS includes Global Entry. At US airports I use the Global Entry kiosk (The information is coded in my passport). At Port Everglades I used the Global Entry. They will take a NEXUS card in lieu of a Global Entry card.

Roy

Exactly - read your NEXUS leaflets more carefully OP, it's the best of all the 'civilian' TT programs as well as the cheapest since it provides both an extra unique benefit (expedited entry to Canada) and all benefits of GE and TSA Pre.

No need to be sorry Moerin. We're on the NA in 2 weeks and we're told we can get there at noon. With just the two ships again that day hoping we'll be able to get on in time to grab some lunch in MDR. Have a great trip and get her ready for us.