Barcelona airport transfer

Trixie21

Sailing on Symphony of the seas in September next year.

We want to have a transfer prebooked to take us from the airport to the hotel pre cruise and from the port to the airport when we disembark (have an early flight home).

Can anyone recommend a reliable transfer company please.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are few private companies offering transfers, not even most hotels do either. The reason is that this city has an excellent network of both, public transportation (metro, bus, tramway), which is inexpensive, cheap, clean, efficient and safe, and also a large fleet of taxis (11,000+) that operate 24/7 and are also quite inexpensive.

For public transportation, you don't need to pre-book, for taxis neither as you can just grab one at the taxi ranks (at the airport, near the hotel, at the port...) but if you'd like to pre-book one, here you have a few companies: Taxi Class Rent tel.933070707 www.taxiclassrent.com ||| Barnataxi tel. 933222222 www.barnataxi.com ||| Ràdio Taxi 033 tel.933033033 www.radiotaxi033.com ||| Servi-Taxi tel.933 300 300 www.servitaxi.com ||| Taxi Ecològic tel.932783000 http://taxiecologic.com ||| Taxi Amic tel.934208088 www.taxi-amic-adaptat.com ||| Fono-Taxi tel.933001100 http://www.fonotaxi.net/

All taxis have the same fares, irrespectively of the company. The fares for 2017 are here: http://taxi.amb.cat/documents/956832/1007019/Tarifa+Taxi_2017/23e065d2-2639-4731-a6c4-edbcf7c3df22 and note all taxis in Barcelona are painted yellow and black, like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/Prius_Taxi_Barcelona.jpg

Still, if you are adamant on a private transfer -which, btw, is always a substantially more expensive option- simply google "barcelona transfer privat" and you'll get some results.

There are few private companies offering transfers, not even most hotels do either. The reason is that this city has an excellent network of both, public transportation (metro, bus, tramway), which is inexpensive, cheap, clean, efficient and safe, and also a large fleet of taxis (11,000+) that operate 24/7 and are also quite inexpensive.

For public transportation, you don't need to pre-book, for taxis neither as you can just grab one at the taxi ranks (at the airport, near the hotel, at the port...) but if you'd like to pre-book one, here you have a few companies: Taxi Class Rent tel.933070707 www.taxiclassrent.com ||| Barnataxi tel. 933222222 www.barnataxi.com ||| Ràdio Taxi 033 tel.933033033 www.radiotaxi033.com ||| Servi-Taxi tel.933 300 300 www.servitaxi.com ||| Taxi Ecològic tel.932783000 http://taxiecologic.com ||| Taxi Amic tel.934208088 www.taxi-amic-adaptat.com ||| Fono-Taxi tel.933001100 http://www.fonotaxi.net/

All taxis have the same fares, irrespectively of the company. The fares for 2017 are here: http://taxi.amb.cat/documents/956832/1007019/Tarifa+Taxi_2017/23e065d2-2639-4731-a6c4-edbcf7c3df22 and note all taxis in Barcelona are painted yellow and black, like this: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fa/Prius_Taxi_Barcelona.jpg

Still, if you are adamant on a private transfer -which, btw, is always a substantially more expensive option- simply google "barcelona transfer privat" and you'll get some results.

Thanks for the information.

Can I ask would it be easy enough to get a taxi for 4 people with luggage at the airport or at the cruise port or would it be wise to prebook one of those ?

One would need a crystal ball to properly answer that :).... as it depends on whether you happen to be arriving at a particular moment in which the number of other arrivals is peaking. This is one of the busiest airports in Europe.

HOWEVER, you should know the taxi rank at the airport has over 1,200 taxis (during the day, in the evening a bit less), therefore queues -which tend to move very quickly- are not large. On average I'd say, normally, I wait no more than 10' to board a taxi.

Agree with what Enric said above about the airport. As for the port they have a very efficient system whereby someone is allocating taxis and keeping the line moving quickly. If you need a larger taxi and there isn't one immediately available he will ask you to stand to one side and put you in the first larger taxi which comes along, usually within a matter of minutes. And the taxis will be available from when the ship docks.

Taxi fares work on a fare system approved every year by the Taxi Authority. I've linked that above!

Fares are based on a metered-system, which varies depending on the day (weekday, weekend, festive day) and the hour (8am-8pm and 8pm-8am) so external factors such as traffic also affect. In normal circumstances, on a weekday during commercial hours, a taxi from the airport to Les Rambles should cost around 35€ give or take, including all the additional charges (see fare above!).

The taxi will arrive at the destination with an amount on the meter and then the taxi driver will punch in the codes for the appropriate additional charges (once again, get familiar with the fare in the link above!) and a final amount will be shown. You can pay by ccard and you can (should) ask for a receipt, which is fully computerised and comes out of a small printer in the taxi. That's your safeguard for any complaint, should the need arise.

Most taxi drivers are honest hard-working people, but we also have a few rotten apples. In rare occasions, a driver might try to issue a handwritten receipt instead, don't accept that as you can't check whether he's putting all the info you might need later for a complaint -should you need to place one- neither that the information is accurate (ie taxi driver's license). Sometimes though, there might be a legit reason, ie. the printer isn't working, so don't be a jerk and assess whether the driver might be honestly telling you the truth.

From the port to the airport or vice versa, that's the only fare that's not metered but fixed, and it's 39€ no matter what (see fare above for this too!)

Edited by EnricM

We just used Barcelona Airport Transfers to pick us up from the port last week and take us to the airport. They were fantastic!! Would highly recommend and will we use them again if we visit Barcelona in the future. We had an early flight home and I was very nervous about the airport situation with the strike (we had no issues at the airport and were through security and at our gate in 30 minutes), but this company was incredibly prompt and reliable. The driver was early and we are able to get a jump start on getting to the airport. He was very professional and the van was very nice and clean. I believe we paid around 60 euro total for 5 adults each with a carry-on sized suitcase and a backpack.

https://www.barcelona-airport-transfers.com/

I should add

There were plenty of taxis upon our arrival at the airport in Barcelona and we took one of those to our hotel for approximately 30 euro. But due to our time crunch for our early flight, I was glad we had pre-booked a transfer on the disembark as there was a line for taxis and not many taxis at the port. We were first off the ship as well.

... so you know, you would have paid around 42€ with a regular taxi -just because you would have needed a minivan-, otherwise, up to 4 pax, it's a flat 39€ port-airport or vice versa. For anything else is metered.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Final question - what is the cost of a taxi from the airport to a hotel in the ramblas area and also from the port to the airport?

you can google, taxi fare rates Barcelona spain ... bring up a fare finder, enter airport and address of hotel and you get estimates of fares -- very easy. Fares are reasonable, would guess a fare from the airport to ramblas... around 20-25 euros. We stay at the farest distance from airport at the Hilton Diagonal Mar... fare is only 40 euros... and 20 euros to the port which is near the rambles..

Slightly different question. We will not be leaving the ship in Barcelona port until about 3pm (don't ask why unless you have a few hours spare - cruiseco fouled up big time on our return flights and we could only get a late flight home). Most cruise passengers will have disembarked and gone off by then so wondering if we will still be able get a taxi for the airport. Would we need to pre-book to be sure?

Slightly different question. We will not be leaving the ship in Barcelona port until about 3pm (don't ask why unless you have a few hours spare - cruiseco fouled up big time on our return flights and we could only get a late flight home). Most cruise passengers will have disembarked and gone off by then so wondering if we will still be able get a taxi for the airport. Would we need to pre-book to be sure?

Yes, no problem. Taxis will be coming and going all afternoon bringing people who are out exploring the city back to the ship or bringing new passengers who are about to embark.

Hi all!

I'm working on booking my flights for a cruise in/out of Barcelona next summer. What departure flight time post cruise is reasonable and will cause no stress about getting to the airport on time from the port? I'm looking at one option that is a 2 pm flight - other options are all around 11 or noon and those seem a bit early. Would love suggestions/input from those who have cruised out of this port and flown home immediately post-cruise!

Thanks!

Susan

Hi all!

I'm working on booking my flights for a cruise in/out of Barcelona next summer. What departure flight time post cruise is reasonable and will cause no stress about getting to the airport on time from the port? I'm looking at one option that is a 2 pm flight - other options are all around 11 or noon and those seem a bit early. Would love suggestions/input from those who have cruised out of this port and flown home immediately post-cruise!

Thanks!

Susan

UPDATED Question - after doing some other research on the connections available for the flights I can book using my air miles, I found that the best option seemed to be a 12:45 pm flight out of Barcelona. Would love to have feedback from those experienced with this cruiseport and airport to confirm this will be an ok departure time for getting from the ship to the airport. :) Thanks!

Susan

Hi all!

Thanks!

Susan

We easily made a 10:40AM earlier this month, during the airport strike. We made sure to get off the ship early but had plenty of time at the airport.

We easily made a 10:40AM earlier this month, during the airport strike. We made sure to get off the ship early but had plenty of time at the airport.

Thanks for sharing that - sounds like I should be good for a 12:45 flight then. :)