Delivery time for continental breakfast?

PaperSniper4

I found a hang-on-the-cabin-door breakfast menu card <below>, but the delivery time on this card doesn't have explicit times like most. So I wonder if anyone has used such a card to order coffee and pastry in the early morning - like starting around 0530? My wife and I are early risers and like to have coffee and maybe a croissant on the balcony before our morning walk. We are booked on the Dream in a few months, but the last time on any CCL ship was about 3 years ago and we have both forgotten.:confused:

Thanks for your help. Especially if you can report on the punctuality of their deliver time. NCL was spot on or a few minutes early on our last cruise, we are hoping for the same on the Dream. :cool:

Carnival "Breakfast" card:

I believe the card is published for delivery between 7-10 am officially. But room service is 24 hrs so you can always call at 530 when you wake.

I am pretty confident we have put an earlier time like 630 and give them a 15 min window and it's always been there timely if not early. We rarely use this however because we hate all the clutter in the room. We did use it for Christmas morning on the Conquest so the boys could have something before they started opening presents.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One morning around 5:00AM, I was awakened by room service persistently knocking on my cabin door. When I answered, the delivery person attempted to bring his tray into my cabin, but I told him I didn't order any breakfast.

He then pointed to the name on the order card, saying "You are Mr. Smith, right?" I assured hime I wasn't, that I was sorry he had to carry a wrong order to the wrong cabin and that I was going to try to go back to sleep so goodbye.

I did call guest services and room service later that morning at a decent hour to ask if there was any cross checking done on their room service orders - meaning do the name and cabin match? I assumed I was anonymously pranked by some kids who left the hanger card on my door and said a simple cross check could have avoided this mistake.

BTW, I never did look at the order to see if what the heck, there might be something there I would like.

So yes, Carnival can deliver room service in the early morning hours. GRRRR

I found a hang-on-the-cabin-door breakfast menu card <below>, but the delivery time on this card doesn't have explicit times like most. So I wonder if anyone has used such a card to order coffee and pastry in the early morning - like starting around 0530? My wife and I are early risers and like to have coffee and maybe a croissant on the balcony before our morning walk. We are booked on the Dream in a few months, but the last time on any CCL ship was about 3 years ago and we have both forgotten.:confused:

Thanks for your help. Especially if you can report on the punctuality of their deliver time. NCL was spot on or a few minutes early on our last cruise, we are hoping for the same on the Dream. :cool:

Carnival "Breakfast" card:

Here's the updated version of the card. If you want breakfast at 5:30, you should call room service before 5:30 to give them time to deliver it, as they're preparing other passengers' orders, also. d878f887dde50e940c8641dced62a9db.jpg

~Profile Says Everything~

Here's the updated version of the card. If you want breakfast at 5:30, you should call room service before 5:30 to give them time to deliver it, as they're preparing other passengers' orders, also.

That would be understandable if the early times were mostly selected by others.

Thanks for the updated info.

That would be understandable if the early times were mostly selected by others.

Thanks for the updated info.

You're welcome! Time slots, instead of exact times, are used to give the deliverer time to prepare the order and make it through the busy kitchen and down a long hallway to the cabin. An order placed at 5:30 will not be delivered at 5:30. Call earlier! [emoji4]

We always order morning coffee.....in our experience, 98% on time....sometimes early....with an 85% accuracy ....sometimes they only bring us 1 carafe when we order 2....or they forget the creamer...but, only human I guess...

Please make sure to tip your room service person.....room service is complimentary, but it is a SERVICE and should be tipped....

We always order morning coffee.....in our experience, 98% on time....sometimes early....with an 85% accuracy ....sometimes they only bring us 1 carafe when we order 2....or they forget the creamer...but, only human I guess...

Please make sure to tip your room service person.....room service is complimentary, but it is a SERVICE and should be tipped....

In the past we usually ordered 1 reg/1 decaf and sometimes both show up, sometimes not. I've ordered cream/sugar and gotten honey only... go figure. BUT the banana is always there! Toast is questionable, most times it's cold so why bother?

Nowadays I order the coffee, run up to Lido and grab the wife and I a few things that fit on one plate and we have coffee and whatever on the balcony.

I have put times generally from from 5:30 to 6:30 on the card (checked it off for the range I wanted). I need my coffee carafe to watch the sun rise from my balcony...sigh....

Oh, you know exactly what I mean about coffee on the balcony! <g>

I know I can always get up and call them at that time, but I figure that might but me in some sort of a queue and I'd have to wait "too long" for that first cup of coffee.

On the Dream in our far forward, deck 11 cabin, I figure by the time I hiked back to the lido to fill our cups then returned to the cabin it would be time for lunch, so that option isn't appealing......:rolleyes:

Thanks for all the replies, ya'll.:cool:

Edited by PaperSniper4

We always order morning coffee.....in our experience, 98% on time....sometimes early....with an 85% accuracy ........

That's been my experience also. I think early delivery, say before 0700, increases the odds of an on time delivery. You are right about that tip. I always tip, and in cash, when the steward brings the coffee and rolls. I figure word will get around, and they will try extra hard to get my order to us on time and complete. I picture the stewards fighting over who will get to deliver our tray!;) Well maybe not; I tip only about $2, and on our next cruise we are far forward on deck 11....not sure where the coffee originates below, but I suspect it will be a good hike for the poor steward!:confused:

Here's the updated version of the card. If you want breakfast at 5:30, you should call room service before 5:30 to give them time to deliver it, as they're preparing other passengers' orders, also. ....

Thanks for posting that updated card. That's what I remember seeing on our previous cruises, but our last on Carnival was a few years ago. I much prefer checking from a range of delivery times as that indicates they are prepared to actually deliver at those time.

Beware that on our recent cruise on Fascination, we hung our card on our cabin door the night before and did not receive our order. When we asked about it our room steward told us not to hang the card until late at night because the kids on the ship will take them down and sometimes put them on other doors. Also, the coffee was always great but we also ordered milk for our son and it was extremely warm every morning - like gross warm, as if it had been out of the fridge for several hours.