Boat Drill with a Person with Disabilities on Anthem

I'll be on Athem In December and something came to mind. This is my first time ever travelling with a person that needs wheelchair/scooter assistance on a cruise, and I was wondering how the life boat drill would work for her. I know generally the elevators are off limits during this time, but what would happen in her case? She cannot take the stairs at all, and would need to use the elevators to get down. Do they have a special protocol for people with disabilities during this time?

While this makes perfect sense for a drill I would make sure of the plan for her in the event of a real life situation if the elevators are not working. I'm sure there are people here that will be able to help.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ideally yes but I can also understand not putting someone through what would probably be a very unconformable, painful and undignified situation. As long as the staff have practiced through role play and guests know where they are supposed to go I think that's enough. I don't fancy having a smoke machine going and having to crawl along the floor, for example.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Oh, of course. But the modern trend toward drills in lounges, pets on board as "therapy animals", etc. leads me to believe that it is highly likely that most requests for accommodation will come from pax who (unlike the OP's companion) do not really require assistance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is her responsibility to make sure she is in the general area of her muster drill location BEFORE they block elevator access. She can ride the ECV to drill. Just hang out in the lounge closest until they make the final announcement.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Both during a drill and in a real emergency, the mobility impaired are allowed to use the elevators. There will be crew at the elevators to unlock the elevator for use. Only those elevators physically in the fire zone will be shut off, the rest are in "fireman" mode, just like any high rise on shore.

However, getting near the muster location (which should be the special needs station, if you haven't notified the line already, do so and also immediately upon boarding at Guest Services, and they will ensure that passenger and one companion are added to the special needs muster list) ahead of time is a good idea for the drill, as you will then avoid the crowds, and the inconsideration of others towards those on a scooter.