Trivia prizes - dam mugs?

danacline

When I have sailed HAL, the prizes in the trivia games were mugs, with a shortened version of the ship's name. Volendam had "V-dam" mugs, for instance. With this, we were able to acquire dam mugs for 3 of our kids (Ryndam for Ryan, Maasdam for Melissa, and Volendam for Victoria). This was, however, 15+ years ago. Do they still do this for trivia prizes? We're booked on the Eurodam with nephew Eric, so was wondering if he can get his own dam mug.

On the cumulative team trivia on the Zuiderdam transatlantic in April, 2017 I think the first prize included travel mugs. The winners in the daily trivia received a round of drinks for the team. I have never been on a HAL Caribbean cruise and I have no recollection of trivia prizes on an Alaskan cruise.

When I have sailed HAL, the prizes in the trivia games were mugs,....

Do they still do this for trivia prizes?

I haven't seen mugs as prizes for years. :( I was looking forward to winning that "E" mug on the Eurodam inaugural voyage, and the mugs were missing way back then.

HAL used to give out some worthwhile prizes! In addition to the mugs, I received silver photo frames, calculators, alarm clocks---lots of other useful things. At the end of long cruises they sometimes even had a "prize exchange" where prizes could be turned in for point values, and exchanged for other prizes. You didn't have to return home with lots of duplicates that way.

Now? they give junky pins. Yuck.

I did a 21 day Panama Canal cruise (FLL to Seattle), a 33 day South Pacific cruise, and a 7 day Alaska cruise and played a great deal of trivia on all. The prizes were almost always pins or drinks for the winning team. I did win a notepad and a deck of 'dam cards but this was in 2015.