Concierge lounge location question-Mariner

droseball

I am looking at booking a July 2006 cruise on the Mariner and have been looking at the deck plans for this ship. Is it weird that the concierge lounge is located on deck 9 and almost all of the suites that have access to it are on deck 10 (except for the 2 Royal Family Suites)? I have read that only the suites GS and above and the Crown and Anchor Members (I think this is the name....forgive me if it isn't since I haven't sailed with this line before) have access to the lounge. It may be this way on all of the Voyager class ships but I haven't looked at the others. If this is the case, I don't guess it is a big deal since it seems pretty easy to get around, I just think it is strange layout planning on their part. Does anyone know why?

It's always been this way on all voyager class ships. I can only guess that it was a deliberate decision for some odd reason. Maybe the lounge was an afterthought and this was the only place available? I've sailed on both the Navigator and Mariner and stayed in 10th floor suites with concierge service....it was no big deal to go down one floor, maybe just a minor inconvenience. We tend to have cabins near the middle elevators/stairs, so we just run up and down these stairs....spending calories so I can eat the goodies offered! Anyone else have any other thoughts?

Lori ;)

Well thanks for the replies...I just thought it was kinda weird when I was talking to my TA about the suites and she said the lounge was on the floor below! I don't plan on spending a lot of time there anyway but I just couldn't figure out why they put it there in the first place if they were only going to let suite holders GS and above use is. Thanks for the info on the Diamond cruisers...having never sailed with RC I didn't know what that all meant!

Looks like they got it right on the Freedom of the Seas - deck plans show the lounge on Deck 10.

Lou

They may have got the deck location right, but, unfortunately it is still, just as on the Voyager class ships, an interior lounge with no views of the outside. They got it absolutely right on the Radiance class and on the Enchantment when they provided them with wonderful views of the ocean.:)

Archived