Main Dining Room, Drinks

JOHN 57

• 2 weeks later...
It appears that MSC is now going to provide water, tea & coffee for ALL guests in the MDR, for bookings made AFTER 1st May 2018 on this side of the pond:

https://www.msccruises.ie/en-ie/MSC/Water-Tea-Coffee-Guests.aspx

Perhaps there is no longer any need to book the "free" package? :confused:

So, because I booked before May 1st, am I going to have to pay for tap water in the MDR?

While we'd probably drink tea if it's included, we don't need it and will be happy with water.

We have drink coupons with the Fantastica package, but, I'd rather not use them for water.

So, because I booked before May 1st, am I going to have to pay for tap water in the MDR?

While we'd probably drink tea if it's included, we don't need it and will be happy with water.

We have drink coupons with the Fantastica package, but, I'd rather not use them for water.

Was on the Seaside about 2 weeks ago and I didn't have a drink package just the 12 fantastica vouchers. They gave us bottled water at no charge and when I ordered sodas I kept asking the guy who do we give the vouchers to and they really didn't seem to care about the vouchers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Was on the Seaside about 2 weeks ago and I didn't have a drink package just the 12 fantastica vouchers. They gave us bottled water at no charge and when I ordered sodas I kept asking the guy who do we give the vouchers to and they really didn't seem to care about the vouchers.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thats wonderful but weird. I was thinking maybe they are just overwellmed with the transition of promos from the fantastica vouchers to the drinks on us package...but with the drinks on us dont they need to scan your card so you pay the gratuity? Oh well I guess Ill see in october, sailling under the old voucher promo.:confused:

• 8 months later...

Does anyone have any update on beverages available in the MDR on European itineraries without additional charge?  The free water package doesn't seem to be a thing any longer.  The European site indicates a free water, coffee, and tea package in the MDR will be available for bookings made after May 1, 2018.  Our booking fits the time, but that was not indicated and is not on the U.S. site so it may only be for European bookings.  A drinks package wouldn't make sense for us, but water or coffee at meals would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, lburchard said:

Does anyone have any update on beverages available in the MDR on European itineraries without additional charge?  The free water package doesn't seem to be a thing any longer.  The European site indicates a free water, coffee, and tea package in the MDR will be available for bookings made after May 1, 2018.  Our booking fits the time, but that was not indicated and is not on the U.S. site so it may only be for European bookings.  A drinks package wouldn't make sense for us, but water or coffee at meals would be appreciated. 

US bookings have water and coffee included in the MDR.  You'll see this on your booking. 

water.PNG

7 hours ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

US bookings have water and coffee included in the MDR.  You'll see this on your booking. 

water.PNG

That would be good, but it doesn't look like ours has that.  This is what ours shows for a June 30 sailing on MSC Poesia:

795500635_cruiseincludedsnip.thumb.PNG.0df336d09b37ce4e685754ae44d95930.PNG

10 hours ago, lburchard said:

That would be good, but it doesn't look like ours has that.  This is what ours shows for a June 30 sailing on MSC Poesia:

It depended on when you booked.  I can't remember the exact date it started, but mealtime drinks for US bookings on European sailings started somewhere in late 2017.  And I don't know how evenly it was applied across the fleet/sailings after that.

11 hours ago, lburchard said:

Give your TA a call.  Don't take "no" for an answer. 

5 minutes ago, SeaTheW0rld said:

Give your TA a call.  Don't take "no" for an answer. 

If you look at Iburchard's sailing Mineral Water and Coffee is not currently offered.  In fact it seems to be missing from most  early summer 2019 Med sailings, except Lirica and Fantasia.  It comes back on a couple random Meraviglia and Preziosa sailings after June/July 2019.  It's on most 2020 sailings.  I think it's probably just another website glitch because the inconsistency makes no sense.

• 2 weeks later...

When I booked my cruise with Bellissima (Fantastica), the Premium drink package was included. See decription that tells what is valid even at specialty restaurants:

https://m.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Mobile/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

On the other hand, a waterkettle with coffee and tea is not offered in my cabin, since I am not american or english.

On 3/6/2019 at 11:14 PM, lburchard said:

How did you find this?  I've looked online when I log in as well as on the app and I cannot seem to find something that looks like above.  

2 hours ago, lovetinktink said:

How did you find this?  I've looked online when I log in as well as on the app and I cannot seem to find something that looks like above.  

When I am logged into the MSC website for my booking it's under the price details.  I think only the stateroom entry would appear for me if I had not been looking at the internet packages.  I don't appear to have anything, "included with the cabin".

On 3/16/2019 at 11:31 PM, allcatsaregrey said:

On the other hand, a waterkettle with coffee and tea is not offered in my cabin, since I am not american or english.

English and/or Americans don't get kettles in their cabins, either.  MSC did provide kettles in the cabins for sailings from Southampton at one time (don't know if they still do) but ALL cabins had them, regardless of where the guests came from.

• 1 month later...

I was in a large party on the Seaside recently. Yes, we had water every evening. It was tap water the first day, but some of my companions requested bottle water and our waiters brought bottle water for them and for every one each evening after that. Our head waiter actually apologized for the tap water. It wasn't an issue for me as I've never had a problem with ship water. We also had wine every evening as well. I didn't request it, but received it along with everyone else. They only looked at my card once. As I mentioned in another post. The dining service was excellent.

• Like 1

I sailed Meraviglia (Mediterranean) in November (booked August 2018). I had to plead my case in the mdr and guest services 3 times to have water included.  Took a couple of days to finally get.

I sailed Seaside last year,  getting tap water in the mdr was a challenge every night. Going back on Seaside in July, hopefully won't have the same issue.