Carnival Gift Card - Fun Shop Misinformation

ddlb

I ordered the bottomless bubbles online a couple weeks ago using a Carnival gift card. Yesterday I called and cancelled the order.

I was asked if I still had the gift card and was told the money would be put back on the card. I asked if I could get an email to this effect and was told I would only get an email showing the item was removed - which I never did get. I kind of wanted proof but oh well.

So today I checked the balance on my gift card and it was 0.

I called and was told I would be getting a new gift card for the cancelled amount and they NEVER put the money back on the original gift card. I asked why they weren't all trained to know this and got an apology.

So my question is this - I presume I will, indeed, get a new gift card for the amount of the bottomless bubbles in 7 days. I'm glad my cruise isn't for another month.

Am I correct in assuming all will go as described? I hope this doesn't get totally messed up as I had a couple other items I ordered and paid with my credit card for the amount over the gift card value.

Nelver heard of funds being redeposited to a gift card. Story is off.

At best they would issue you a new card. As these card do not go through a CRP (centralized redepositor process). Only credit, and reloadable bank cards that go through the same process as a credit card have the ability to reissue funds back to the originating card.

These are considered a UNIFIED FUND TRANSFER. Unlike a credit type of card that is an OMNI FUND TRANSFER. but then again, who am I anyway to tell anyone about this.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The previous comment is correct, to my understanding as well. I have not seen this personally but I have heard that rather than issue a new gift card with the balance, they will cut a check but I think the balance has to be very small and that would not apply in this case.

I recently did this exact same thing, cancelled my younger kids BB after thinking how much money I would be wasting if they spent all their time in camp and couldn't use them. I was told just like you that it would go back on the gift card I used. However, I received an email from FEDEX telling me that I had a package on the way, it was coming from carnival, So the next day I called Carnival asking if it was the gift card, not one person seemed to understand after speaking to four people or so I just figured it was most likely a new gift card. Sure enough it was. I didn't get an email for canceling either but did notice it was no longer listed under my booking info. I called and cancelled on 8/4 and received the card on 8/14. I told myself I will never order from the Fun Shop again unless I am 100% sure on the item or over a month out from my cruise.

Sorry long explanation there....

I recently did this exact same thing, cancelled my younger kids BB after thinking how much money I would be wasting if they spent all their time in camp and couldn't use them. I was told just like you that it would go back on the gift card I used. However, I received an email from FEDEX telling me that I had a package on the way, it was coming from carnival, So the next day I called Carnival asking if it was the gift card, not one person seemed to understand after speaking to four people or so I just figured it was most likely a new gift card. Sure enough it was. I didn't get an email for canceling either but did notice it was no longer listed under my booking info. I called and cancelled on 8/4 and received the card on 8/14. I told myself I will never order from the Fun Shop again unless I am 100% sure on the item or over a month out from my cruise.

No need to apologize, it was a great explanation with lots of useful information.

I recently did this exact same thing, ...

Thank you so much for responding it puts my mind at ease! What I didn't mention in my original post was when I first called I asked the person if the money would be put back on my card as I didn't think I had the gift card anymore and she put me on hold for like 15 minutes so I hung up and then called again and a different person said it did go back on the gift card and even gave me the last 4 of my gift card! So that's 2 of their untrained (in my opinion). So the 3rd person I got the next day was the one who said without checking that if I had a cruise booked I would be getting a gift card in the mail in 7 days (nothing was mentioned about Fedex).