What Sets the Regal/Royal Apart From Other Cruise Ships?

need2cruisesoon

Lots of great information in this thread...thanks to all who have posted. I'm looking forward to the Regal in October and the Royal next June-July.

nope. If it weren't for the destinations, I wouldn't have chosen Caribbean princess over Regal Princess.

We were disappointed in the Caribbean Princess in December 2015, most especially the condition of our suite. It would have to be a *perfect* itinerary for me to book another cruise on the CB.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello Norris

Yes we are booked and ready to go.

Let's have a Guinness at Crooners embarkation evening my friend.

Ron, looking forward to meeting you on board!

Our first evening on board is always taken up with a dinner in a Specialty Restaurant (probably Sabatini's) and a show.

There's always a chance I won't wear my camera bag which would render me unrecognizable as I don't have any distinguishing features whatsoever. As for you I am guessing that is not you in your profile pic as it looks like someone I have seen in a movie. Impressive tan whomever it is and he has no neck tattoos, Masai tribesman earlobe extenders or office staples through his lips, all of which identify a young Chicagoan.

During the daytime on board the camera bag never leaves my side and a foaming glass of Guinness is my Coat of Arms. I wear a Guinness mustache if that helps.

I don't often join roll calls as I never make it to the sailaway booze-up at an aft bar as I am busy beavering away with 3 or 4 cameras on our aft balcony. I have actually attended 3 Meet and Greets and met some fine people so I may do that.

If we don't meet in Crooners then hopefully you will spot me on deck as I walk miles each day (to get somewhere not as exercise) and am the only person I have seen to date on my cruises who carries a camera bag.

We are looking forward to the Regal and this itinerary and have all our excursions booked.

See you on board Sir!

Norris

• 11 months later...

I’ve on the Regal 3 times in a year, by chance. I hardly go near the buffet. Each ship in the fleet has pros and cons and I must be easily pleased but I like all in the fleet. However, Pacific Princess, one of the oldest and smallest is my favorite. Mike

I sailed on the Regal Princess when she was fairly new, she was a lovely ship despite the awkward time when you realize the central staircase is "missing". We (my mother/her sister and myself) enjoyed our cruise but wasn't our favorite.

With that being said we are booked for the Royal, and having also sailed on the Caribbean & Golden. Our best was on the Golden to Alaska; makes me sad to see both the Golden and Star leaving much prefer them but also excited for the Royal. Hope to catch the Star before she leaves at least.

I sailed on the Regal Princess when she was fairly new, she was a lovely ship despite the awkward time when you realize the central staircase is "missing". We (my mother/her sister and myself) enjoyed our cruise but wasn't our favorite.

it is no longer missing. They installed a central staircase, and we enjoyed using it in November 2017.

The thing is - we didn't know it was missing when it was actually missing. Didn't make a difference to us, and I've only read about the lack of central staircase and how it bugged some people on cruisecritic boards.

You will love the CD and his crew. The shows in the Princess Live were so much fun. Not just the shows themselves, but the interaction with Matt and his gang. We usually would get an after dinner "nojito" and spend the evening at "Live." We are on the 10/26 sailing and can't wait! We really love the Royal. Were last on her in March.

Pooh

Majestic is a different kettle of fish. It's the same class but not the same ship at all.

Not sure you have sailed the Majestic but we have for 30 plus days and basically it is almost exactly like the Royal and Regal ships regarding staterooms and most other public areas too......the only thing that is really different is that the front pool area where the Sanctuary on the other ships is is covered and called the Hollywood Beach Club.....it is way more alike then different from Royal and Regal and the Sky which is soon to join the family. :)

Where to start? The gorgeous Piazza that will have you going, "Wow!" as you board. The larger International Cafe, the larger Alfredo's with an expanded menu, the huge buffet with a chef behind each section, the sandwich bar in the Horizon Bistro where you can get a sandwich made plus delicious stir-fry and make-your-own tacos at lunch, the large on-demand TV in the cabin with dozens of movies, TV shows, replays of lectures and talks, etc. to watch any time you want, etc.

Agree with everything you shared and more.....we also like the walk in the hallways because on the Royal Class ships they have all those beautiful and interesting photos nicely displayed that Princess passengers have taken of their travels.

It just make the cruising experience that much more entertaining and enlightening instead of walking those old Princess ship hallways with drab beige hallway walls......boring!!

Thrak,

That worries me. We are scheduled on the Island in 2019. At least I'll stop complaining about the Grand if the Island is that bad, right?! [emoji19”

We were on the Island from Vancouver to Anchorage in June: imho perfect size ship. Thoroughly enjoyable, although when seen from dock,

it really looked ridiculous from the rear, as in “what did they do to that ship”. But the overall experience was wonderful. We’re booked reluctantly (because I prefer the smaller Princess ships, with true Promenade decks) on Regal in October, so I’m glad to be reminded of the best of her features. Have a wonderful voyage on Island Princess!