Ultimate Balcony Dining, Dinner or Breakfast - Your Experiences and Take on it?

PoohUnderstands

We just had the UBD on the Grand and it was very nice. Unfortunately it rained so we just did it in our room. The food was great and they will accommodate your food preferences. It included a predinner cocktail of your choice, as well as a split of champagne. The table was set up beautifully, with a gorgeous floral arrangement, that you get to keep. They also do photos and give you one complementary. The food was really good too. Really special experience.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just had the UBD on the Grand and it was very nice. Unfortunately it rained so we just did it in our room. The food was great and they will accommodate your food preferences. It included a predinner cocktail of your choice, as well as a split of champagne. The table was set up beautifully, with a gorgeous floral arrangement, that you get to keep. They also do photos and give you one complementary. The food was really good too. Really special experience.

Ours started out as very romantic. The waiter arrives with a tux and roses. Puts the table clothes out and first off I spill the water goblet over the table. My steak was almost moving. So next time we will just pass.

Can someone please explain to me how we go about setting up the UBD? We have it scheduled already but do we need to call dining when we board to confirm? Do they give you a menu to go off of or is it the same as menu in dining room for that particular evening? Sorry, My husband is driving me nuts about this.... thanks.

Can someone please explain to me how we go about setting up the UBD? We have it scheduled already but do we need to call dining when we board to confirm? Do they give you a menu to go off of or is it the same as menu in dining room for that particular evening? Sorry, My husband is driving me nuts about this.... thanks.

You call the room service people, (they will leave instructions in your room,) and they will discuss your options. We had a choice of steak or lobster or both, but they will let you have other things if you don’t eat either of those I think.

The UBD menu is very upscale from the MDR menu. I suggest you go to youtube and watch the videos. Search on Balcony Dinner Princess.