Ultimate Balcony Dining, Dinner or Breakfast - Your Experiences and Take on it?

PoohUnderstands

We have enjoyed both, the breakfast was while cruising through the glaciers. Having the mini suite was nice for both Dinner and Breakfast.:)

We find the Ultimate Balcony Dinner to be worth every penny.

$100 for two, includes four course amazing meal, half bottle real champagne, welcome cocktail of choice, flowers you keep, and s photo, plus two wait staff to take care of your every need. It's amazing, and we do it in every cruise...

We haven't done the breakfast as we're not breakfast people really.. From what I've read about it, doesn't really seem as worth it as the dinner though. $40 for two, breakfast and juice, all delivered at once and no wait staff bringing it by course..

Dinner though - have it booked twice on our next cruise already! Lol...

I have a logistical question:

What table do they use for dinner? I've had a large balcony, and the only table on it could barely fit a couple of drinks. Do they bring in a table? And chairs? Our balcony, IIRC, had one regular chair and one chaise (too low for dining).

29260069453_17803470db.jpg

UBD is definitely the way to go (our table last year on the CB):). Got a question for others who have recently enjoyed the experience. Was the picture included in the price or did you have to pay for it? This past May on the Pacific, they were charging the regular $25.00 per 8x10 price.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

I am super excited about this- I purchased this as a surprise for my husband for our last night at sea- he will absolutely love this. Thanks all of you for the awesome reviews. Going on our 1st princess cruise in December- we can't wait!! :)

Have a wonderful cruise....,:):):)

Bob

• 2 months later...
I've seen two people ask here, but no responses. Anyone know if UBD can be done for 3 or 4 people? I have 4 in our cabin, including 2 kids, but UBD in the Cruise Personalizer only says for 2.

As I understand it, though I stress that cannot confirm from personal experience, if your balcony is large enough, you can included as many couples as you like, though it will all be billed to the stateroom where UBD is taken.

If you want to set it up on cruise personaliser, for a group of four, then I think you can do it by having each occupant book for a couple though, if you do it this way, then I would advise that you add a note in the message box making it clear that you want to link the bookings and have both served at the same time. You may also want to call Princess and make confirm the arrangements verbally before you board.

If you want more than four people, then, even if your balcony is large enough, you will probably need to phone,

My husband and I would like to do this on our upcoming 21 night cruise, however neither of us are big eaters - I had gastric surgery years back so am definitely limited.

We’ll be traveling with our three sons in the next cabin and we’re planning on asking for the balcony divider to be kept open for the cruise. Our eldest son is 16, lean as a rake, and vociferous. Do you think they would mind if I slipped uneaten food through to him?

I've seen two people ask here, but no responses. Anyone know if UBD can be done for 3 or 4 people? I have 4 in our cabin, including 2 kids, but UBD in the Cruise Personalizer only says for 2.

You can do it for 4 people, I don’t think 3. Just purchase 2 packages and when you set it up on board they will work out the details. We had UBD on the Emerald with my parents as they had a suite with a balcony large enough for all 4 and purchased it this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can do it for 4 people' date=' I don’t think 3. Just purchase 2 packages and when you set it up on board they will work out the details. We had UBD on the Emerald with my parents as they had a suite with a balcony large enough for all 4 and purchased it this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are going on the Regal in December- we purchased the UBD for dinner and later added my daughter to our room- she's in college and found out she could in fact join us. We were told that all we need to do i contact dining services once we board to have her added - so there will be 3 of us. So yes you can just do 3 if there are 3 in your room. We are truly looking forward to doing this very much. :)

Thanks, guys. I called the Princess 1-800 line. The agent checked, and said that while it couldn't be arranged ahead of time to do UBD for 4 ahead of time, it should be possible to arrange once onboard. Trying to do it on the Personalizer, it only lists the two primary customers (parents) for the UBD, so I don't think we could purchase the same thing twice for the same night. But if nothing else, maybe we'll just reserve the UBD for 2 on the night of our choice on the Personalizer, and then once onboard ask it to be expanded to 4 with the two kids. Wonder if it'll be $200 instead of $100, or if the kids will get charged less.

As I understand it, though I stress that cannot confirm from personal experience, if your balcony is large enough, you can included as many couples as you like, though it will all be billed to the stateroom where UBD is taken.

I can confirm from personal experience that it's very easy to have the bill split by stateroom. We called the room service line and booked an UBD for four in C749 (two of us in C749, two in D703), and even though I said it was OK to bill it all together, the waiters were more than willing to split it (since my parents insisted on paying their portion).

We are going on the Regal in December- we purchased the UBD for dinner and later added my daughter to our room- she's in college and found out she could in fact join us. We were told that all we need to do i contact dining services once we board to have her added - so there will be 3 of us. So yes you can just do 3 if there are 3 in your room. We are truly looking forward to doing this very much. :)

That will be a very tight squeeze on a standard Regal balcony. They are less than four feet in depth.

That will be a very tight squeeze on a standard Regal balcony. They are less than four feet in depth.

We are in a CC mini suite with angled balcony so we may have a wee bit more space than normal but expect might be tight- but that's ok we are not huge people and we will make it work. We are so looking forward to have dinner on our balcony. :)

We are in a CC mini suite with angled balcony so we may have a wee bit more space than normal but expect might be tight- but that's ok we are not huge people and we will make it work. We are so looking forward to have dinner on our balcony. :)

You will have to ask them to add a chair. The angled balcony does have a wee bit more space as we have had it more than once on the Regal. Since she is on your booking, you can't add it to your reservation already under her name?

I can confirm from personal experience that it's very easy to have the bill split by stateroom. We called the room service line and booked an UBD for four in C749 (two of us in C749, two in D703), and even though I said it was OK to bill it all together, the waiters were more than willing to split it (since my parents insisted on paying their portion).

Thanks for that information. Could prove very useful in a few weeks time if we wish to offer friends the opportunity to join us on either of the UBD we have booked for our large aft balcony.

Many thanks indeed for the clarification of my uncertainty.

Kindest

CM

I have a logistical question:

What table do they use for dinner? I've had a large balcony, and the only table on it could barely fit a couple of drinks. Do they bring in a table? And chairs? Our balcony, IIRC, had one regular chair and one chaise (too low for dining).

I am also curious about this. One poster responded with a pic of table but looks as if it is in a suite. In the past, even for room service breakfast, we typically have to bring food back and forth from cabin to our balcony table. I doubt they bring a larger table and chairs to the balcony as there is such little room (we are looking at this option for a CB Panama cruise with 'standard ' balcony).

While I like the idea of trying UBD on a standard balcony the logistics don't seem very practical.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I am also curious about this. One poster responded with a pic of table but looks as if it is in a suite. In the past, even for room service breakfast, we typically have to bring food back and forth from cabin to our balcony table. I doubt they bring a larger table and chairs to the balcony as there is such little room (we are looking at this option for a CB Panama cruise with 'standard ' balcony).

While I like the idea of trying UBD on a standard balcony the logistics don't seem very practical.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

We did the UBD on CB and they did bring in another table. I have no idea how they can do UBD on those miniature Royal Class Balconies.

Suggest you check youtube for a number of very good videos.

We did the UBD on CB and they did bring in another table. I have no idea how they can do UBD on those miniature Royal Class Balconies.

Suggest you check youtube for a number of very good videos.

Checked out You Tube and all I could find was UBD on larger balconies. Regardless, looks as if they use existing chairs and bring in a larger table. May forgo for a few more specialty dinners although the food did look attractive.

Checked out You Tube and all I could find was UBD on larger balconies. Regardless, looks as if they use existing chairs and bring in a larger table. May forgo for a few more specialty dinners although the food did look attractive.

You'll be fine on CB (Caribbean Princess). Even her standard balconies will be large enough. The problem would be more than two people on a standard Regal/Royal balcony.

My wife said she had never felt more pampered than on our UBD on Caribbean Princess.

My husband, adult daughter and I just returned from the Thanksgiving cruise on the Crown.

We had two cabins. We did the UBD for three and they charged us for four. They did give us canapés for four and both bottles of champagne but not two flower arrangements.

The food was great and the salad was fantastic! I never would have done it with just my husband and I as he found it awkward.