Norwegian Epic Mandarin Spa Question

Georgia_Peaches

Hello Group,

I'm new to Norwegian and will have my first cruise experience with them on Epic in November. We usually sail celebrity but this time around were're taking our two daughters and their significant others with us. Norwegian is appealing because of the included drink package. Anyhow, here's the deal. We want to reserve passes for the Mandarin Spa and Thermal Suite. It gets mixed reviews on CC but we will give it a try. My question is, how does Norwegian monitor who has paid to get in? We're about to fork over $1200 bucks for 6 people and I'm just curious how they go about making sure that only those who have paid have access to this area. It's a lot of money and I'm hoping that access is carefully monitored.

Thanks in advance!

Christina

As of last October, key cards denoted spa access. You "trade" your room key for a spa key which also designates a locker number. As the desk is not in sight view of the spa accesses (male/female), I suppose IF a door does not latch, one could simply walk in. We sail on Epic just for the spa--booking over a year out to get a spa room.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Hello Group,

I'm new to Norwegian and will have my first cruise experience with them on Epic in November. We usually sail celebrity but this time around were're taking our two daughters and their significant others with us. Norwegian is appealing because of the included drink package. Anyhow, here's the deal. We want to reserve passes for the Mandarin Spa and Thermal Suite. It gets mixed reviews on CC but we will give it a try. My question is, how does Norwegian monitor who has paid to get in? We're about to fork over $1200 bucks for 6 people and I'm just curious how they go about making sure that only those who have paid have access to this area. It's a lot of money and I'm hoping that access is carefully monitored.

Thanks in advance!

Christina

You get a sticker placed on your room key. When you arrive at the spa, you trade your room key for a spa key. The Epic Thermal Suite is the best in the fleet. We have sailed on the Epic 7 times and had a Thermal Suite pass each time.

Hello Group,

Thanks in advance!

Christina

Not to worry. You get a sticker on your card that shows you've paid for the spa (It's Mandara, BTW, not Mandarin). You give them your card each time you go into the spa and they return it to you when you leave. After the first day or two, they recognize those with spa passes so the process is even simpler as they know why you're there (for example, I've come into the spa reception area and they've been helping someone choose treatments--they've simply reached out for my card rather than having me wait in line until they're done).

The Epic spa is great. I've purchased one for my sailing next month and am looking forward to being in the Epic spa again. The spa is one of the big reasons I love the Epic!

Enjoy!

I really feel like I should know Rhea at this point, as it looks like we've taken a cruise or two together - and we're about to do another one.

Anyway, it's worth it. Especially on a cruise with a lot of sea days.

Here are some pics I snapped last November on the Epic's transatlantic cruise from Barcelona to port Canaveral.

https://d.pr/naivPt

Sent from my iPhone using Forums