Cozumel Bar Hop Solo?

Csondra

I'll be in Cozumel (IoS) in December and was thinking about doing the Cozumel Bar Hop. My husband will probably stay on the ship, so I'd be heading out by myself. Anyone done this solo or socialized with solo people on the tour? I'm just worried I'll end up sitting alone and bored. (Alone and bored in paradise with free shots, but still... ;p )

I'll be in Cozumel (IoS) in December and was thinking about doing the Cozumel Bar Hop. My husband will probably stay on the ship, so I'd be heading out by myself. Anyone done this solo or socialized with solo people on the tour? I'm just worried I'll end up sitting alone and bored. (Alone and bored in paradise with free shots, but still... ;p )

I haven't done this particular excursion, but have been on two cruises solo. I've almost always met people on the excursions. I usually get to the excursion meeting place a little early and meet people as they arrive. "Are you waiting for the excursion," always breaks the ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think you would be fine.

You are completely at liberty to stay with the group, or do your own thing - no coercion - but I am guessing as a general rule there will always be a group that stays central and hangs out with the host. I am sure the tour guide would make sure you are not alone.

Just a thought - have you reached out on your roll call - you might at least find someone willing to share the cost of taxi to the meeting point, unless you are docking in town?

I have done the Cozumel Bar Hop 3 times now as a solo, and I would totally recommend it... I am not the most "outgoing" type, but I still had a great time. By the time you get to the third stop, everyone is feeling pretty good, and you know that everyone is friendly after several adult beverages...

I have done the Cozumel Bar Hop 3 times now as a solo, and I would totally recommend it... I am not the most "outgoing" type, but I still had a great time. By the time you get to the third stop, everyone is feeling pretty good, and you know that everyone is friendly after several adult beverages...

We love the HOP! We are Fo Hos... Frequent Hoppers. Bring on your solo! No one cares. Like said above, by the third stop, its all family.

Everyone is having a good time, and its a cool mellow group. There is lots to see anyways. Bring a camera, there are great views to photograph.

The Hop is an awesome trip, great way to see a part of the island you don't usually see. And, drink as little (or much) as you like. Great food too! They will pour you out of the van/bus at your ship in plenty of time.

Just avoid the yellow buckets.

And, I'll pass along a secret.... you MUST try the peanut butter tequila at Rasta's. Yes, I know... peanut butter and tequila. Trust me. Seriously. Tell Willie we said Hi!

And, tell Tom (boss man), Sergio and/or Colleen (babysitters) we said HOLA!

We will be getting another set of FO HO shirts soon.

:hearteyes: