what is the ODDEST thing you have to bring??

We are leaving on the Explorer in June and I am already making a mental list of things to bring. This will be our first RC cruise (we've been on 5 Carnival cruises before) and I was just wondering what odd things people MUST bring with them on the cruise.

We've been bringing a battery operated clock and a suction cup with a hook for the mirror, then there's the small clothes line for the bathing suits on the balcony and then there's the Yankee candle PLUG IN with the same scent for the past few years. I can relive my trip by smelling 'seaside holiday' anytime during the year.

Rattlesnake eggs. Really. Actually, we bring several packages as the crew loves them and we give them as gifts.

(okay, it is a cheap gag thing. It is a real scary looking envelope with "Rattlesnake eggs: CAUTION: Venom Hazard printed on the outside. When you finally coax someone to peek in the envelope a spinner goes off making a snake rattle noise. It is an absolute blast when sitting at the bar. The crew has a great time getting all their co-workers and even the Officers sometimes)

(okay, it is a cheap gag thing. It is a real scary looking envelope with "Rattlesnake eggs: CAUTION: Venom Hazard printed on the outside. When you finally coax someone to peek in the envelope a spinner goes off making a snake rattle noise. It is an absolute blast when sitting at the bar. The crew has a great time getting all their co-workers and even the Officers sometimes)

Yes I know what they are!! I brought them on my first date with my husband as a stand-by-lull-in-the-conversation-thing. That was almost 30 years ago.

I made them myself too!

Our neighbors moved out of the house that they had lived in for 25 yrs. Their youngest is 17, anad we inherited a lot of "Stuff". One thing is the Incredible Hulk figure. He is about 4" tall. My husband and Ds's think it is funny to hide him around the house now, and try and scare me with him. In the shower, on the thermostat, on a picture, on my pillow, in the cupboard on the plates.....

We have decided that he may need to come on vacation with us.... Sad but true. We are easily amused :)

Cindy

Our neighbors moved out of the house that they had lived in for 25 yrs. Their youngest is 17, anad we inherited a lot of "Stuff". One thing is the Incredible Hulk figure. He is about 4" tall. My husband and Ds's think it is funny to hide him around the house now, and try and scare me with him. In the shower, on the thermostat, on a picture, on my pillow, in the cupboard on the plates.....

We have decided that he may need to come on vacation with us.... Sad but true. We are easily amused :)

Cindy

LOL, I misread your post at first and thought you wrote 4 FOOT tall instead of 4 inches tall. I was imagining you lugging a 4 foot tall Incredible Hulk aboard the cruise ship. :eek:

On each cruise I bring a few of my tropical fish. Its adds to the room decor and it gets them out of the tank for a week. As a special aquarium I use an extra large baggie and some duct tape to seal it up. When were out of the room I lock them in the safe.(don't want customs or the cabin stewards to freak.) On our cruise in January I'm taking 3 neons and a panda cory catfish. They can't wait! (They love the balcony view, too.)

On each cruise I bring a few of my tropical fish. Its adds to the room decor and it gets them out of the tank for a week. As a special aquarium I use an extra large baggie and some duct tape to seal it up. When were out of the room I lock them in the safe.(don't want customs or the cabin stewards to freak.) On our cruise in January I'm taking 3 neons and a panda cory catfish. They can't wait! (They love the balcony view, too.)

OK, that's got to win the prize. Your fish??? Please tell me you are joking lol. I mean, what if you are late in port and forget to open the bag to add air? Do they get a burial at sea? :eek: :D

I love this!!! I can't imagine you bringing them out on the balcony with you while you relax nad them having to look at all that ocean?!!! Kind of a cruel torture!! LOL See the pretty ocean but you can't ever swim in it!??? :rolleyes: :D

I am cruising this year on the 17th of Dec. and we are bringing the kids in a seperate cabin. So this year I bought two 1 foot Christmas trees and decorations so that they can decorate their own trees. Kind of weird but I thought it might be fun.

Cruizinrican:)

Hi Conn...how do you pick which fish will join you?I have a very large plecko named Spot that I think would like to go on VOS this spring but I would not want to make the other 2 catfish jealous.....do you bring them to formal night? I sure would!!! Or maybe they can just get something from room service as not to make your tablemates feel 'uncomfortable'

Keep on swimming........

We took our plecko(we call him the new big guy-the old big guy had passed on) to Canada last fall. I think he was kind of bored in Halifax, but its hard to tell.

I've only got about 10 fish so we just rotate. They don't mind the bag, cause hey, they're on vacation, right.

Didn't take um on our NCL Dawn cruise a few years back. Sushi Bar on board...too much fish anxiety.

Next fall, were taking two tetras to the Grand Canyon and Sedona. Cool for them.

I don't think the fish mind seeing the Ocean because they're all fresh water fish. I

think they just like aquamarine color of the water.

Don't worry too much about fish getting air in their bags. Fish get shipped all over the world via UPS-bags in boxes.

As for taking our fish to formal nights, I just don't think that would be appropriate. Not as bad as wearing my Ozzie Osborne T shirt...but you know the formal night is a specail occasion and I don't want unnerve those traditional crusiers who enjoy tradition.

We brought anti-bacterial wipes to clean all of the surfaces in our cabin on Explorer. The 4 of us wiped EVERYTHING down as soon as we got to our cabin. Sounds weird, but we felt more comfortable knowing that we spent 10 minutes cleaning anything and everything "just in case".

I love the fish thing too..But I can't take mine with I don't think they will allow Green terrors on the ship beside they are fresh water and it would just not be fair to leave them in the baggy!!!I had two armour coated Placo's but they got eaten.....oh heck maybe I'll bring a beta!!!!

You know I never am really comfortable sleeping on a "community" pillow.

I'm sort of serious here, but if the cruise lines were selling a couple fresh pillows at a reasonable price, I'd pull out my cruise card.

You know, this isn't a bad idea, but what would they call this service?

"Pillows for the Anal Retentive"? :D :D :D

Archived